I'm going to be buying this game... - Page 2

I'm going to be buying this game...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Re: I'm going to be buying this game...

Post by SwiftSpear »

Jasper1984 wrote:
vid1 wrote:Not without guns, a hell of lot of guns.
Ughhh..
Hey look, I'm not promoting it for it's brilliantly written dialog. But you will need guns.
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Not without dialoguewriter, a hell of lot of dialogwriters.

Me remembers really random created Diablo II Enemynames and Weaponnames...expect to see that again. And epic Nukebug, if you insert a new Magazin through the Cooling Ventilationshaft of your Plasmariflee.

Or they steal last minute from Farcry2 and you end up repairing a Wracked MachineGun Shop round the hours.. ;)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

They could at least have recreated the scene from The Matrix for that.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

You need to be cynical about such stuff, not just cool.. you need to show the weaponcleaning heroe using rivers of Oil and Cottonpropfs, getting old..
"Guns, lot of Guns, they said! And i got them- and who is expected to clean the mess up, after the Bloodbath? Oh, yeah they said after i signed, that was on Page ten, line 500, Disclaimerparagraph II, take all the time you want for a closer look.."
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

What?

Anyways, procedural gun generation owns. Revolvers that fire shotgun shells, rifles that fire homing darts, rapid fire rocket launchers, sniper time delay high explosive dart rifles. Like I say, the dialog is really lame, but I see that they were trying to promote one of the main selling features in that video... but how do you really advertise as a story device? Sane characters generally won't talk about the piles of awesome guns that are in the world while they are giving an emotional speech about how the horrible planet ruined their life. They did their best to jimmy work it in.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I want a slingshot that fires armadillos. I'd buy it then.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

DO they really Physicsimulate the Weapons you built? Including Kickback, heating and stuff? Otherwise it is just Diablos Socketswoards-Concept taken into Modern times... i want the Drawback.. if i built a BadBertha it should Round-the-House-Kick-Me with every Shot..

However, i admit that Game has me tempted to buy it..
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

PicassoCT wrote:DO they really Physicsimulate the Weapons you built? Including Kickback, heating and stuff? Otherwise it is just Diablos Socketswoards-Concept taken into Modern times... i want the Drawback.. if i built a BadBertha it should Round-the-House-Kick-Me with every Shot..

However, i admit that Game has me tempted to buy it..
My suspicion is it's more socket-sword, and less super accurate sim. I could be wrong though. Realistically there is some argument to be made that "The gun has X feature to address that problem, so it's less of an issue in this model", but I doubt that it's really going to reflect through into the models, since really, other than the obsessive gun nuts, who cares? That being said, the other games in this genre are all, for the most part, must have games. Stalker, Fallout3, not really but sort of HGL... It's a genre that IMO is hard to execute to the fullest extent, but one that produces some of the most fun games in existence.

I believe gearbox can do it. They've worked with valve, they know how to storyboard an FPS game, and they just sort of stumbled into one of the more interesting devices for weapon inventorying I can possibly think of.
FrOzEnTaCo

Post by FrOzEnTaCo »

i dident even click the link, but is it border lands? ive been reading about it in ma mags. it has over 500000 weapons *_*
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

FrOzEnTaCo wrote:i dident even click the link, but is it border lands? ive been reading about it in ma mags. it has over 500000 weapons *_*
Which is over 9000 so it's win right? :lol:
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

FrOzEnTaCo wrote:i dident even click the link, but is it border lands? ive been reading about it in ma mags. it has over 500000 weapons *_*
According to this interview The inclusion of alien technology added an additional 150,000 weapons.
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

SwiftSpear wrote:
According to this interview The inclusion of alien technology added an additional 150,000 weapons.
Maek a random weapon generator for Spring gogogogo (queuing KDR_11K :roll: ).
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

SwiftSpear wrote:but how do you really advertise as a story device? Sane characters generally won't talk about the piles of awesome guns that are in the world while they are giving an emotional speech about how the horrible planet ruined their life. They did their best to jimmy work it in.
Then have the intro speech delivered by an arms dealer who's trying to sell you on the BFG-9001 instead of an emotional chick on a cliff.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

KDR_11k wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:but how do you really advertise as a story device? Sane characters generally won't talk about the piles of awesome guns that are in the world while they are giving an emotional speech about how the horrible planet ruined their life. They did their best to jimmy work it in.
Then have the intro speech delivered by an arms dealer who's trying to sell you on the BFG-9001 instead of an emotional chick on a cliff.
That wouldn't have held nearly the same gravity as the crazy zombie face chick. One loose line doesn't ruin completely what is otherwise a very tight introduction.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Oh, one thing worth mentioning. The entire game from the floor up is specifically designed for coop play.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Coop?

Oh... i would.. i really would Fanbuy it..worship it.. but i need a decent phsixsimulation of the Weapons Drawback.. that is the Uniquesellingpoint to get me... this "I built a RockelaunchingMaschineGun and they delivered it with a free Jetpack" feeling...

Otherwise modifyd weapons are just a Sporecreaturegenerator without a real Effect in Game.. in this World Epic Pwnage and Phail are divided by more than guns...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

SwiftSpear wrote:That wouldn't have held nearly the same gravity as the crazy zombie face chick. One loose line doesn't ruin completely what is otherwise a very tight introduction.
Gravity? What gravity? It looks like a generic fast-forward-through-it intro.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Actually, this looks pretty awesome. Just got round to watching that gameplay video. It might actually be fun (the part most games forget).

I hope it includes RPG elements like a decent trade system for items that you collect from chests and dead things. A bit final fantasy / fable / diablo but with the battles played out in FPS... I can go for that... I enjoyed the Might and Magic games.

I'll look out for it. Meant to be out about Jan 09.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

KDR_11k wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:That wouldn't have held nearly the same gravity as the crazy zombie face chick. One loose line doesn't ruin completely what is otherwise a very tight introduction.
Gravity? What gravity? It looks like a generic fast-forward-through-it intro.
Ya, I forgot. Evil game companies trying to weave stories and create hype. What bastards.
PicassoCT

Post by PicassoCT »

Evil Companies bribbing (with free T-Shirts ;) ) middlevil (an therefore opionworshipped) Moderators to to risk there health during hyperventilation Advertising..

Me wants to be bribed tooo.. at least pretend i am not weak minded- okay i bought Sins of a Solar Empire with onlys Caryrs Reviewread and some Screenshots.. shame on me.. but at least you can´t blame me for the Economiccrisis out there...

If they had at least HL-Storyboarderlined there Game, they would show off. But they don´t which means, they are not going to quake it, reach Storytelling mark of Old. And Obama wins, wich pwns.. me tired.. coffee, at least deliver Coffee with every hypo..

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”