I'm going to be buying this game...

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Day

Re: I'm going to be buying this game...

Post by Day »

interesting
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Hurm.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

neddiedrow wrote:Hurm.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

wut.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

I mean it looks interesting and all. Not sure if want to hype
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

I want to hype it. It's basically stalker, with much more creative landscapes, vehicals, and no top end gun that pwns everything. The only thing I'm worried about is the story line may be lame/boring, but even then it looks like epic fun.
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

I was thinking Hellgate there with loot and all that...
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

KDR_11k wrote:I was thinking Hellgate there with loot and all that...
Hellgate did everything they could to make the game not feel like an FPS and more like an RPG, Everything from the hitboxes that didn't corrilate at all with the character models, to maximum ranges for the weapons, to grind gameplay, to boarderline retarded enemy AI. Even then, it was remarkably fun, just not fun enough for me to consider best game ever.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

well it'll probably be funner than FC2, which btw is fairly boring ):
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

Muzic wrote:well it'll probably be funner than FC2, which btw is fairly boring ):
Ugg, the farcry team doesn't know anything about designing games. They make reality simulators. I play games to escape reality.

It should be self evident to any game designer why you can't just set up an abstract, and somewhat realistic world for players to run around with and not expect them to get bored. Constantly running assassin and destruction missions is not fun, there's just no good way to set up emotional involvement into that process.
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

SwiftSpear wrote:
Muzic wrote:well it'll probably be funner than FC2, which btw is fairly boring ):
Ugg, the farcry team doesn't know anything about designing games. They make reality simulators. I play games to escape reality.
Far Cry 2 is made by a different studio using a different custom built engine and has a completely different and unrelated plot. It has nothing to do with Far Cry.

That said, FC2 is definitely uninteresting.
Muzic

Post by Muzic »

Gnome wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:
Far Cry 2 is made by a different studio using a different custom built engine and has a completely different and unrelated plot. It has nothing to do with Far Cry.

That said, FC2 is definitely uninteresting.
Which is really saddening.

Honestly, okay I get it; guns JAM occasionally.

But its fucking RIDICULOUS that every mother fucker I met in Africa has a worn down rusty peice of shit that looks like its been used for 30 years and no one's cleaned it ONCE, so it randomly jams once every bloody clip; then it explodes! Thats just bloody ridiculous. The viet cong put their AK's in bloody shitty rivers for months and then pulled em out and just fired them, and it worked perfectly.

Their attempt at realism is too strong to the point where its ultimately unrealisticly realistic. And IM just dissapointed becuase its like over 9000 hours of being in a jeep.
Sleksa

Post by Sleksa »

But its fucking RIDICULOUS that every mother fucker I met in Africa has a worn down rusty peice of shit that looks like its been used for 30 years and no one's cleaned it ONCE
Welcome to the real afrika
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

To me that sounds more like giving the player a reason to bring his own guns instead of considering everything that walks a free weapon dispenser.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

KDR_11k wrote:To me that sounds more like giving the player a reason to bring his own guns instead of considering everything that walks a free weapon dispenser.
They could always just offer the player more modern and specialized weaponary...
[TS]Lollocide

Post by [TS]Lollocide »

SwiftSpear wrote:
"Hellgate"...... Even then, it was remarkably fun...
No, you're not allowed to post anything more after that, ever, please hand in your account name and password.

Hellgate was not fun, it was like playing Wow, with every feeling of accomplishment removed and every grind-fest amped up to gangrape levels. Unless you have some sort of spacebrain from the planet zog, you can't even think that is fun.

Its like grinding an Excel Spreadsheet for no reward except a strange BSDM desire and a cockslap to the face.
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Running around in HGL with fang and swift was pretty fun, actually.
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead

Post by SwiftSpear »

[TS]Lollocide wrote:
SwiftSpear wrote:
"Hellgate"...... Even then, it was remarkably fun...
No, you're not allowed to post anything more after that, ever, please hand in your account name and password.

Hellgate was not fun, it was like playing Wow, with every feeling of accomplishment removed and every grind-fest amped up to gangrape levels. Unless you have some sort of spacebrain from the planet zog, you can't even think that is fun.

Its like grinding an Excel Spreadsheet for no reward except a strange BSDM desire and a cockslap to the face.
I didn't bother leveling that high. The game didn't have too much lasting appeal to me, but it was reasonably fun.
Jasper1984

Post by Jasper1984 »

vid1 wrote:Not without guns, a hell of lot of guns.
Ughhh..

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”