Unready button - Page 2

Unready button

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Acidd_UK

Re: Unready button

Post by Acidd_UK »

Zpock wrote:Someone just pausing withouth saying anything and then having to wait for an indefinite time would be so annoying even if its legitimate.
Then it would be up to the host to unpause (and kick if necessary), or a vote if the game is on an autohost. This surely isn't so bad?
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Zpock wrote:About pausing, This would be really bad I think. Someone who needs to pause should have to explain why clearly enough that the other players agree to it in my opinion. Someone just pausing withouth saying anything and then having to wait for an indefinite time would be so annoying even if its legitimate.

Maybe as some special host only command .forcepause, that only the host could break, for when it's really needed. Similar to how .setmaxspeed works when it's needed to stop some noob from abusing speed settings, while keeping it consentual in normal cases. A command .nopause would also be useful.

Like Acidd pointed out, you didnt read the whole post.

Host and player would be able to unpause, no one else.

if your lagging so bad, you cant give an opinion on why your pausing.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Or stats for each player when game is paused...

" Gone for quick piss. "
manored

Post by manored »

Sometimes I just saw "one sec" cause explaining the situation would take longer than solving it and coming back :) So I think people should respect your pause even if you dont explain it, the game cant progride unleash you are kicked anyway.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

didnt read the thread, but i think an unready button would be handy =)
manored

Post by manored »

NOiZE wrote:didnt read the thread, but i think an unready button would be handy =)
WOT! What if somebody made something like, lets say, an off-topic comment about a moderator who didnt read a tread and you miss it?
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

manored wrote:
NOiZE wrote:didnt read the thread, but i think an unready button would be handy =)
WOT! What if somebody made something like, lets say, an off-topic comment about a moderator who didnt read a tread and you miss it?
Calm down. The biscuits are safe...
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Its handy that i quoted this for you to see then
JAZCASH wrote: NOIZE SUCKS LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I didn't mean it Noize! I STILL LOVE YOU!
FrOzEnTaCo

Post by FrOzEnTaCo »

JAZCASH wrote:Or stats for each player when game is paused...

" Gone for quick piss. "
ROFLMAO
Tribulexrenamed

Post by Tribulexrenamed »

Spawn_Retard wrote:Could someone please make an unready button for the new engine?

I cant believe how many games i've messed up recently because of the fact i accidently click just to far, and end up readying in the most stupid of places, which of course genrally cost me the game.

I dont see why this hasn't been put in sooner.

If theres a short key to unreadying that would be helpfull, but i'd still like to see a button that says unready.

(tl;dr WAAAAAA ready button messed up my game someone fix it)

The ready button is a sort of idiot-filter. I think it should stay. Unready would reverse the filter.
manored

Post by manored »

Getting spring to work is already an idiot-filter, we dont need another :)
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Spawn_Retard wrote: I have a lag issue with one of BA's air units that causes my lag to increase if im hosting, can go all the way up to 2 minutes behind the real game, and pausing is the only way to right the lag, and so if some noob unpauses like they normaly do because they are impatient then the issue isnt resolved and the game gets worse.

Which unit? and tell NOIZE. See, simple solution. You owe me a buck fifty.
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Forboding Angel wrote:
Spawn_Retard wrote: I have a lag issue with one of BA's air units that causes my lag to increase if im hosting, can go all the way up to 2 minutes behind the real game, and pausing is the only way to right the lag, and so if some noob unpauses like they normaly do because they are impatient then the issue isnt resolved and the game gets worse.

Which unit? and tell NOIZE. See, simple solution. You owe me a buck fifty.
already thought of this, and i just havent had the effort to pm him
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Oh yeah! this is what ive been going to suggest for a long time, (always forgot it).

Also the only reason isnt that YOU mess your position, but that someone other comes at the same position as you, then you are screwed most probably, depends on a map though, but this has happened to me many times.

For example some smurf goes and dguns my com because i readied up before him, and he came near my com. Or not necessary a smurf, but a rageplayer who hates me because i owned his ass with combomb last game.

Though, when we have unready button, that asshole could just unready and come near my com again, well, also then i could have some time to unready and avoid him, or request kick for him.
manored

Post by manored »

With a player like that on the team you have mostly already lost anyway, and if you kicked him your team would be starting with one less player, and in this situation its better to just restart the game.

Post by Posts »

Zpock wrote:A command .nopause would also be useful.
do you know such a cmd already exists?

0.51b1
"ingame command for host .nopause , prevents player from pausing game"
http://spring.clan-sy.com/wiki/The_Talking_Changelog

i have not tested it, may block unpausing also.

setmaxspeed 0 had some undesirable behavior a while back, not sure about its current status, might need to lower minspeed first, at exactly 0 i think it triggers a game ending bug.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Pretty sure the game ending bug was when giving no number at all, not if 0.

Return to “Feature Requests”