Unready button

Unready button

Requests for features in the spring code.

Moderator: Moderators

Spawn_Retard

Unready button

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Could someone please make an unready button for the new engine?

I cant believe how many games i've messed up recently because of the fact i accidently click just to far, and end up readying in the most stupid of places, which of course genrally cost me the game.

I dont see why this hasn't been put in sooner.

If theres a short key to unreadying that would be helpfull, but i'd still like to see a button that says unready.

(tl;dr WAAAAAA ready button messed up my game someone fix it)
manored

Re: Unready button

Post by manored »

Well there is no un-ready button because its quite rare for someone to comit a mistake like that, and its probally better to have it turn into a confirmation window after the first click :)
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

You could have an unready button, and you could also make it so that when an ally places/moves his start spot, it unreadies all allies automatically. So you can only ready up once all points are placed and finalised. Would stop some of the 2 ppl ready up on same spot problems...
daan 79

Post by daan 79 »

i predict unreadytrolling groups race quit cookies
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

daan 79 wrote:i predict unreadytrolling groups race quit cookies
Yeah, but the benefits would honestly outweigh the costs really.

secretly readies the troll clan for mass ready spamming
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

While we're at it, can we make it so the only person to be able to UNpause is the person that paused it to start with, or the host. This would help avoid some greifing...
Machiosabre

Post by Machiosabre »

could also cause some griefing, since you could just take a game hostage forever.
manored

Post by manored »

Machiosabre wrote:could also cause some griefing, since you could just take a game hostage forever.
Thats why the host would also be able to unpause it, and if the host didnt unpause he would probally also not kick the pauser so the game would become lame due to a part of one team stoping with the allies being unable to take...

For auto-host games winhout a boss I suppose there could be a "vote unpause" option that would also automatically kick the guy who paused if accepted.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

Yes :-)
lurker

Post by lurker »

The automatic kick sounds like a really bad idea to me, but the rest about pausing is good.

And you should be hard-limited to one manual unready. If something is to be done about overlaps, it should be automated.
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

lurker wrote:And you should be hard-limited to one manual unready. If something is to be done about overlaps, it should be automated.
Why?
imbaczek

Post by imbaczek »

griefing.
manored

Post by manored »

lurker wrote:The automatic kick sounds like a really bad idea to me, but the rest about pausing is good.
Well if the voting passes and its decided that the game will continue, the guy has to be kicked so someone on his team might take... if it is somebody messing up the game you solve 2 issues with one vote...
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

imbaczek wrote:griefing.
If someone is griefing before the game even starts, isn't that the best time to find out and kick them?
REVENGE

Post by REVENGE »

Uh right, and in the case that the host wants to grieve you? :lol:
Acidd_UK

Post by Acidd_UK »

If the host is grieving for you then you are already dead and the game probably doesn't matter anymore...
manored

Post by manored »

REVENGE wrote:Uh right, and in the case that the host wants to grieve you? :lol:
Leave
Spawn_Retard

Post by Spawn_Retard »

Okay, could we get back on topic please?
lurker wrote:
And you should be hard-limited to one manual unready. If something is to be done about overlaps, it should be automated.

This would futher increase my problem.

I think an unready button would be usefull because if you were to ready on someones spot, you could either unready, or the other person could.

Simply, this is the best idea to answer all of the questions asked here related to the ready button.

As regarding the pause action, I think the host and the player who paused should be the only two people to unpause.

I have a lag issue with one of BA's air units that causes my lag to increase if im hosting, can go all the way up to 2 minutes behind the real game, and pausing is the only way to right the lag, and so if some noob unpauses like they normaly do because they are impatient then the issue isnt resolved and the game gets worse.
Last edited by Spawn_Retard on 07 Sep 2008, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

+1000
Zpock

Post by Zpock »

About pausing, This would be really bad I think. Someone who needs to pause should have to explain why clearly enough that the other players agree to it in my opinion. Someone just pausing withouth saying anything and then having to wait for an indefinite time would be so annoying even if its legitimate.

Maybe as some special host only command .forcepause, that only the host could break, for when it's really needed. Similar to how .setmaxspeed works when it's needed to stop some noob from abusing speed settings, while keeping it consentual in normal cases. A command .nopause would also be useful.

Return to “Feature Requests”