About this page
Commands or tricks useful during spring modding. Only add things average player does not know, ex not "F4 shows metalmap."
- Start spring.exe directly to quickly test games or maps.
- To see some general info like game name, spring version: Press i or type /gameinfo
- Instead of packing your WIP game or map, use an .sdd folder: Gamedev:Structure#.sdd_directories
- In windowed mode it is easier to switch being playing and editing. See Springsettings.cfg#Fullscreen
- The chat is the console. It is also logged to Infolog.txt
- See UI_commands how to use the console.
- Most commands require to type /cheats to enable cheating.
/atm - get 1000m,1000e (still needs storage)
Spawn or destroy a unit or feature
/give [amount] <objectName | 'all'> [team] [@x, y, z]
Example: /give supertank - This spawns one "supertank"
Can have parameters: /give 25 supertank 3 @1000,100,750
This spawns 25 "supertank" units to team 3 at coordinates 1000,100,750
/destroy - kill selected units
/luarules reload - reloads gadgets
/luaui reload - reloads widgets. Click an widget twice in widget menu to reload only this one.
/luagaia reload - reloads gaia gadgets
Use widget such as http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25029&p=467318&hilit=unitids#p467318 to see unitIDs above units.
In default widget menu:
- green name = running widget
- yellow name = widget crashed or disabled itself
- red name = disabled widget
- White stars left and right of name = Widget is contained in game.
- No stars = local widget (user added)
Type /fps for framerate. Type /debug for various info. (default hotkey: alt+b)
/info for a list.
/team X to change team. For example /team 2 to controll units of team 2.
/spec - become spectator
/globallos - full vision (see the whole map)
/godmode - controll all teams. Generally you will want to combine with /spec or /globallos
/sharedialog (default hotkey: h) - give selected units to other teams.
/reloadcob - COB scripts /luarules reload - LUS
CEG, particle effects
Type /reloadcegs to reload from files.
FPS-mode lists weapons of unit + status. Can be useful to see why a unit is not firing to its weapon.
- /wiremap - Can see units under terrain