Cluster weapons - I intend to make Thunder LRM
for MCL but didn't get around to it yet
I am highly confident that this is possible. I have done some work with projectiles, these gadgets may get you halfway there:
FLOZi wrote:[*]Occluding smokescreens - Like s44 smoke screens but you can't see enemy units on the other side of it, rather than only hiding units 'inside' it. Prettu sure I can do this with a modification of MCL sector-LOS.[/list]
I've barely looked into LOS. Can you set masks on terrain? Can you change the effective 'height' of the terrain occlusion? Does MCL have a reimplementation of LOS?
Mobile factories e.g. ships that manufacture smaller ships/seaplanes (again, perhaps exist?).
THIS (KDR_11k's unfortunately named space game) factories that can be built on the mothership (I may be recalling incorrectly though). I'd do it with two units, movectrl and some shuffling of commands between units.
Game mode where players do not know who each other is (for e.g. FFA).
I want this too but the engine makes it very difficult. The engine tooltip includes player name so locking luaUI does not work. I don't think you can trust people to not type /tooltip (and to not disable a widget that blocks /tooltip).
A related cool thing is a game more about information warfare. This requires some engine changes though (or a reimplementation of radar...) because I would want unidentified radar dots that don't give out allyTeamID or teamID.
Add 1v1 ladder+matchmaker to lua lobby.
Here is a bit of a list:
- A game where your commander is the only unit you directly control and have sight around. All other orders and intel is handled by interceptable messages.
- A unit that always moves in a 3D-straight line towards its destination. It achieves this by terraforming the land in front of it while it moves.
- Movetype transforming units (air/land, sub/sea, sub/air etc..). I think lua can set movetype now.
- Repulsion shields that work against all projectile types and have balanced energy cost between the types.
- Lups area shields with the nice aLOS behaviour of engine shield rendering.
- Polished save/load support.