Things I would like to see in spring1944

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

thedude

Post by thedude »

I only play spring1944 once in a while so it is possible that things I mention here are already in spring1944.
(I play pring1944 on win so no idea if these things are also possible for the lin version)

1. Promotionsymbols of all sides should be the same so it is easier (for beginners) to see which status their units have.
I was thinking of three promote levels. Here some suggestions (attached).

2. When a player have destroyed a specific number of units he is promoted and will get "extrapoints" and can use them to choose some upgrades.
I was also thinking of three possible upgrades where the first two requires one extrapoint and the third two extrapoints.
For the promotelevel of the player one could use current pics of unitpromotion. The player will only get extrapoints if he reached a specific level
(no extrapoints for every promotion).

3. In the Q&A file add:
I installed Spring1944 and want to play over LAN.

4. Thanks for the possibility to download a whole package of Spring1944 -> no need of other downloads and tweaking.
But I think you should also add TASServer_035.exe (or such), so one can play over LAN without downloading other stuff.
(don't know if there is such a thing for linux)
Attachments
promotionsymbos.png
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Das Bruce

Re: Things I would like to see in spring1944

Post by Das Bruce »

thedude wrote:2. When a player have destroyed a specific number of units he is promoted and will get "extrapoints" and can use them to choose some upgrades.
I was also thinking of three possible upgrades where the first two requires one extrapoint and the third two extrapoints.
For the promotelevel of the player one could use current pics of unitpromotion. The player will only get extrapoints if he reached a specific level
NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.

NO.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

Not sure why bruce is having a hernia, zero hour style points for abilities/upgrades was great, although probably hard to implement here.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

1. Promotionsymbols of all sides should be the same so it is easier (for beginners) to see which status their units have.
I was thinking of three promote levels. Here some suggestions (attached).
Rank symbols are side specific for purposes of atmosphere, and ranks themselves only indicate relative simple ability... as they increase in complexity and pomp, so does the health, fire rate and accuracy of the individual. A number of players probably play with them off, even. However, we may make an optional, non-default, alternative rank widget for new players. By we I mean me, and may, if I am caught by a flight of fancy.
2. When a player have destroyed a specific number of units he is promoted and will get "extrapoints" and can use them to choose some upgrades.
For players or for units? I'm not sure about experience based global upgrades.
3. In the Q&A file add:
I installed Spring1944 and want to play over LAN.
I think we can do that. :wink:
4. Thanks for the possibility to download a whole package of Spring1944 -> no need of other downloads and tweaking.
But I think you should also add TASServer_035.exe (or such), so one can play over LAN without downloading other stuff.
(don't know if there is such a thing for linux)
I think we can do that as well.
thedude

Post by thedude »

For players or for units? I'm not sure about experience based global upgrades.
For players.
Not sure why bruce is having a hernia, zero hour style points for abilities/upgrades was great, although probably hard to implement here.
I also like this but I think there shouldn't be as much as in zero hour because
for purposes of atmosphere
However, we may make an optional, non-default, alternative rank widget for new players. By we I mean me, and may, if I am caught by a flight of fancy.
Would be nice!
mar3moset

Post by mar3moset »

If a player gets extra resources for playing well then the less experienced players against him have no chance, the better get better and the worse stay worse, its call of duty rank syndrome.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

mar3moset wrote:If a player gets extra resources for playing well then the less experienced players against him have no chance, the better get better and the worse stay worse, its call of duty rank syndrome.
Well, except in CoD rankings increase with time, and a decent player can win with basic gear and perks anyway. But yes.
JohannesH

Post by JohannesH »

mar3moset wrote:If a player gets extra resources for playing well then the less experienced players against him have no chance, the better get better and the worse stay worse, its call of duty rank syndrome.
You get extra resources for playing well already. Theres those command and supply stuffs that you can get. But that should be enough without some tacked on kill count crap.
thedude

Post by thedude »

The less experienced player can use his "upgrade" for example a bomb and destroy some buildings which are important for the economy. So the better gets problems. Where not having this bomb the better would just build units send them to the less experienced and win. If each faction has their specific upgrades the less experienced could use this upgrade and weaken the better (for example snipers-> better player has to build vehicles->vehicles cost more money-> better has to spend more money)

Return to “Spring: 1944”