TA Spring 0.4 released - Page 2

TA Spring 0.4 released

Discuss Spring news, such as fresh releases and press coverage, here.
Michilus_nimbus

Post by Michilus_nimbus »

Allright then!
Small version is up and running, and my "GeHorse FX go5300" seems to hold the line!
sparkyhodgo

Post by sparkyhodgo »

KICK ASS!
[Crusader]

Post by [Crusader] »

FINALLY!!!! Cant wait to see it :D
Gabba

Post by Gabba »

Hallelujah! Thanks guys, this was certainly worth the wait. 8)

Edit: and GPL'd besides that! Now I really wish I knew more programming. But this game is a great motivation to learn, I'd really like to help with the AI code...
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Post by zwzsg »

It's nice to see it released, and working on my PC just like in the videos. I was secretly afraid Spring would either not ever get released or be a big disappointment, to my surprise I was proved wrong.

For the moment I'm very confused by the new interface, everytime I have given order to a unit and want to deselect it, I end up moving it, losing its order. My vulcan refused to fire on the moutain, I can only force fire a few spot on the plain, I don't know why. I never know which way my unit is facing in FPS mode. Some places are not buildeable and I don't know why. I'm somehow always in the middle click mode I don't want to. Etc.. Slowly I'm adapting to the new interface, I already understood the FPS mode, but really, that right click thing bugs me. Couldn't you implement a "good old TA mouse mode"?

But overall, yay, nice, congrats, etc...
Stealth870

Post by Stealth870 »

I love you guys
mongus

Right mouse button

Post by mongus »

You mean you never used the right button interface for OTA???

well it was there, and was the best mode.
The right click was very handy, auto repair and guard,without using m o g...

It was like wc3 right click.. but years b4.

I'm incredibly happy with the release, still dlng, wonder if it would work on my ati 9300 ( :x )..

So... we install the game, then TA:M, then we visit mutation manifestation... and voila! we can play UTASP5, AAnniv45... etc. right away eh?! or install merlinpack on it???....

i wish i cold be that easy but guess there is a lot of wort till get there...

huge thanks and congrats to sy and "the team".
Shade

Post by Shade »

Give me enough time to set it up and I'll set up a mirror on our servers... give it something stupid like 100 gigs of bwandwidth for this month.

Should be done by end of day today.

-Shade
StormGnu

Post by StormGnu »

Hello there i just wanted to drop by to say that this game is going to be huge, thats both in units in play and in popularity. Ive been keeping an eye on this forum for some monthes now and i really admire your work guys :-)

Now im off home testing the game!
zwzsg
Kernel Panic Co-Developer

Re: Right mouse button

Post by zwzsg »

mongus wrote:So... we install the game, then TA:M, then we visit mutation manifestation... and voila! we can play UTASP5, AAnniv45... etc. right away eh?! or install merlinpack on it???....
No, current Spring version does not read textures in .gaf. You must unpack them into .bmp. That and maybe a few more things mean mods are not compatible straight away. But a simple new unit without custom textures of fancy scripting should work.
ekke

Post by ekke »

The torrent peaked at 1.5 MB/s just now :) see how much better it is to use bittorrent!
Shade

Post by Shade »

Uh, since sourceforge is now a mirror, I won't be mirroring any files.

Return to “News”