complaints of having to scroll horizontally to see useful information
As I and others said, the hostname is
useful information, which users want to see. I rate your apparent misunderstanding of this as a lack of contact with the playing community.
You are ofc right there is much information in the battle pane that could be removed without anyone noticing:
- Country of host is not needed
- Max players is usually wrong anyway
- Engine version could reasonably be hidden (but needs an option to be visible, for devs)
- The R column is rarely used, I think it might also be broken
- I don't think many people read running time, and it's confusingly != ingame sim time.
This seems plenty for a first shot.
State ("S"), map, game name, game version, host name, spec & player counts, are all information that is used + wanted by regular players of big games. Description is probably also needed, by the smaller games.
Sure it can be duplicated, but that is imo up to moderation to resolve.
It is not reasonable to expect moderators to compensate for poor software design, and is it especially unreasonable to do so deliberately.