Where is melbot?

Where is melbot?

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

abma
Spring Developer

Where is melbot?

Post by abma »

Where is melbot and who maintains it?

i've started a wikipage to collect more infos about it:

http://springrts.com/wiki/MelBot
MelTraX

Re: Where is melbot?

Post by MelTraX »

Thanks for letting me know it's offline. I did a major server software update around Christmas and forgot to turn it on again.

The source is available here: https://svn.janholthusen.de/MelBot/

The running MelBot has this change though because I think the automatic restart never worked. It's been too long to remember. :)

Code: Select all

# svn diff
Index: main.lua
===================================================================
--- main.lua	(revision 3)
+++ main.lua	(working copy)
@@ -442,8 +442,4 @@
 while true do
   connectionManager:Update()
   socket.sleep(1)
-  if os.date("%X") == "16:08:00" or os.date("%X") == "04:08:00" then
-    print("Automatic restart")
-    callouts["Quit"](0)
-  end
 end
MelBot has a download command that (if you have the permission) lets you give it a command in the lobby to download a new Melon. Quantum played with it back in the day but other than that I'm pretty sure MelBot is only used as a chat relay atm.

If anyone wants to fiddle with it, feel free to use the source as you see fit. I can also give you write access to the repository or permission to "upload" your own Melons to my bot. Just post here or PM me. Since I'm not active in the Spring community any more (at least for now), I'll only reply if any mail notification makes the way into my inbox.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

wow, thanks for your response!

are you fine, when i fork on github & run it on springrts.com? what license is it?

latency / network traffic wise this would be better i guess, some guys had horrible lags (not sure if it is/was melbot related).

i guess i can fidle out the password as i've root access on the lobby server.

only thing i need to know: is there any special config needed or is the example config close to the current one? (expect the missing password)
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Feel free to fork it. Consider the license to be GPL.

For now just try to get running with a different user. The config should be enough to get it running and then you should be able to configure it through the lobby. I'm not sure how to add yourself as admin though. Maybe I'm hardcoded. :P

The password in the config seems to be base64 encoded though. I'll have to check that.

It also exposes a notification port which atm posts new forum posts to #news. I'm surprised that that even still works.

Porting that to a different server will need a second.

Let me check the requirements and I'll get back to you later.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

ok, thx & done: https://github.com/spring/MelBot/

i guess i'll try to setup it this weekend...
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

@MelTraX:

currently melbot seems somewhat broken: it seems to be logged in twice in irc channel (Melbot & Tizbot) and is logged in once at the springlobby server and forwards all messages written at springlobby side twice to the irc side.

can you restart melbot? (this is why i would like to have it running on springrts.com, others could do that, too)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

its gone again.

when i find the time and its not up again i try to setup it on the springrts.com server with

https://github.com/spring/relayhost

benefit: its python, too.
code_man

Post by code_man »

Good to see this brought up.

I would like melbot to be brought back on freenode #spring1944/#s44 on lobby and if possible have it link to #moddev too trough freenode.

Return to “Ingame Community”