communism - Page 2

communism

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

Johannes

Re: communism

Post by Johannes »

I don't really like it that much... It can give people the wrong impression about timings when they should expand, and when to build production facilities if all they know is this mode where they get income depending on their allies, which is beyond their control.

If you are with a team where you actually play as a team, you can share resources manually if that's needed. And if you're playing with randoms you just might not want to.
smoth

Post by smoth »

communisms assumes your ally is going to contribute equally..

allies seldom do. Often you pick a weaker guy so that the team even out. I hate doing this already. Add to it that they will get part of my production and you are asking for player frustration.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

I don't mind it when I'm playing with decent people, otherwise it tends to be annoying.
smoth

Post by smoth »

I still hold to what I said to the ca guys. Ideally you would want the players to decide if someone is part of their communist cluster or not. After all such in-game alliances wouldn't necessarily be so hard to understand.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Neddie wrote:I don't mind it when I'm playing with decent people, otherwise it tends to be annoying.
And if you're playing with decent people, you should be able to just ask & give as necessary.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Johannes wrote:
Neddie wrote:I don't mind it when I'm playing with decent people, otherwise it tends to be annoying.
And if you're playing with decent people, you should be able to just ask & give as necessary.
Well, doing that manually wastes time which might be better used in a high intensity game among equals.
Johannes

Post by Johannes »

It's dubious though if communism is a better basis for resource distribution between a coordinating team than everybodys incomes being independent of each other. Probably the team'll perform better with the setting they are more familiar with.
Nixa

Post by Nixa »

What it would solve:
- The likes of one player dominating the outcome of a team game and stripping the remaining players in the team of resources (ie/ Godde styles)
- Flag stealing

What it would create:
- New players won't particularly understand the concept of expansion right away (on the other hand it won't effect them as much either)
- Wasting of resources if someone decides to TECH TO TIGER II
- Hopefully a more coordinated team

Who should not have a say in this until they actually play s44 properly:
- Johannes

Overall outcome of the system:

Well, for one the concept of expansion is learned, and therefore should not be considered as a downside. The playstyle is also learned so tech to tiger argument should also be negated. As it is, if there is a team of 3 equal individuals then resources are usually shared equally anyway - virtually communism.

Honestly it really only has benefits, and if theres one person letting the team down they will get a ear full from the others which means they should improve quicker as a result (or quit). The idea won't benefit me at all either, but I still think you'd get better games a result. The team should hopefully treat the entire flag command as a benefit to everyone so there should be better teamplay aswell.

Return to “Spring: 1944”