TheFatController wrote:I'd like this thread to contain any feedback about 'the state of BA' including any outstanding bugs (even old stuff eg crappy land transports) or issues with underpowered or overpowered units, thanks!
Well, everything has been discussed before, so I am just repeating some of my points here:
A good way to implement change and breathe some fresh air into BA while maintaining the essentially conservative style of BA would be modoptions
. Give players a choice!
I strongly promote a few "Commander options" checkboxes, e.g.:
"Transportable by T1 transporters", "Commander wreck", "Double health". "Increasing health + resource production over time", "Enemy commanders can't enter within a certain range of own starting position".
Maybe replace the diminishing metal maker returns with a more plain 50% reduction of metal maker income. I think it would be way more popular, since its effects take place sooner, and its easier to understand and predict its effects. A no metal maker option would be nice too.
It would also be interesting to see what would happen if teching needed more sunk costs than only one cheap t2 con. Make a mod option which severly increases the costs of t2 cons into the 1500 metal or so range. Throw in a "no T2" and "no air" modoption for good measure.
Regarding seagame, i always promoted making hovers truly t1, and not t1.5 units
- Vanguard and Vulcan are OP. I'd say give them turnrate decrease and increase costs.
- I never understood why the crappy Annihilator is more expensive than the awesome Doomsday Machine.
- The Fido is too weak. The concept of a skirmisher does not really work, the Morty is way better at this. I suggest making the Fido into a fast medium tank, i.e. lower range, higher DPS and health, maybe cost increase.
- I think T2 bombers could use a slight(!) nerf. I think the idea of lowering their speed a bit is great. The DPS could also be reduced just a little bit, they do ridiculously high damage.
- Make the guardian more useful for defense: In low traj, reduce its range, but buff its DPS.
- Amphibious units are way too slow underwater. There was a time when they got a huge speedboost, bring it back.
- Packo and Chainsaw are kinda weak right now, increase their range.
- Move antinuke to T1 or reduce its costs and make it able to intercept tacnukes and emp missiles. Maybe increase the buildtime of nukes a little bit, players could still surprise the enemy with more than one nuke by queuing them up.
- Destroyers are too strong vs subs. Buff t1 subs a bit, maybe give them cloak + stealth.
- Diplomat/Merl are a bit too expensive.
- Do Krogs still have the LRPC weakness? Consider removing it. Actually, give the Juggernaut and maybe also the Krogoth increased LRPC resistance.