Squadspawner Keeps Breaking

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

Neozuki

Post by Neozuki »

I am not sure if I should post here or in the squad topic, but I assumed here because it's included in your mod. If this question has been asked already, I am sorry. I searched and haven't found a post and haven't seen a bug report on S44's bug tracker about it.

During the game, I get up to the point where I can start building deployed units, the Towed Gun yard or something, and then the squadspawner gadget stops working.

It causes any 'platoon' units to stay in the placeholder state, and because they can't move very fast it halts production at the factory.

It also stops all units from being upgraded / deployed. Dug in machine gunners will stay at 0% until I click 'stop', factories can't be upgraded (no feedback is seen, but it completely stops the factory from being able to build anything else.) and deployable guns no longer are deployable.

Is there a known fix? Is there a way to reload Lua scripts in-game or somehow fix it myself with manual editing? It produced a 30mb infolog with over 408,000 lines of the same error. :(

I have to rewrite it by hand because my computer doesn't have the internet, so if you absolutely need to see the specifics I can do so.

(Also, I love this mod. It's the only reason I still play Spring)
Tobi
Spring Developer

Re: Squadspawner Keeps Breaking

Post by Tobi »

Thanks for your feedback.

It would be great if you could paste (or rewrite by hand) the error message.

It sounds a bit like you're hitting the unit limit, maybe you could try whether it happens (much) sooner when you set unit limit really low, like 100 or so.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

What version of Spring?

What version of S44?
Neozuki

Post by Neozuki »

@Tobi
Yeah, I do have the limit pretty low, at 256. So if it hits the unit limit it can't create the units, and just spazzes out? I actually thought of that but when I selected all my units with Ctrl+A it said I only had around 80.

I will work on reproducing the error, it will take me a few minutes.

@FLOZi
Spring: 0.80.4.2, the newest I believe.

S44: I am using Operation Lyuban, also the newest I believe.
Neozuki

Post by Neozuki »

Code: Select all

[6203] LuaRules::RunCallIn: error = 2, GameFrame, [string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_squadspawner.lua"]:85:GiveOrderToUnit(); BadUnitID
stack traceback:
[C] : in function 'GiveOrderToUnit'
[string "LuaRules/Gadgets/unit_squadspawner.lua"]:85: in function 'GameFrame'
[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:927: in function <[string "LuaRules/gadgets.lua"]:925>
(tail call): ?
The errors started before I reached 100 units I believe.
I had built 3 HQ squads and 4 engineers.
1 German HQ Bunker, 3 AA, 2 Logistic storages, 3 flags, 2 MG's, and maybe a few more I can't remember.

Edit: Not sure if it's relevant, but the errors started right after one of my Kark98 soldiers got attacked.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

Can you try with the current Pre-release version?

http://spring1944.net/files/Build/S44Pre-M_v110.sdz

is the link, but you will also need this version:

http://spring1944.net/files/Build/S44Pre-M_v08.sdz

As the current build depends on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, Tobi fixed it in SVN anyway. ( http://spring1944.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... ision=2098 )
Neozuki

Post by Neozuki »

Glad it's been fixed, although for any decent system that can handle over 500 units it wouldn't of been a problem anyways.

Thanks for your help though.

Return to “Spring: 1944”