Pressure Line wrote:MOAR PLAYTESTING RESULTS!
been extensively playtesting 1944.b3h vs ai's (AAI and RAI) and ive run into a few issues (most of which ive solved, some will require attention from you guys, some from ai coders) Bear in mind that these are all AI related issues, a real player can think past them.
AI testing tends to lack behind with us as we are usually ahead of the curve with development exes... Though that isn't really an excuse anymore I suppose.
1) SMG and Rifle troops being able to build flags means that the AI's think they are construction units, meaning that an AI can never win a game because it cannot destroy enemy flags (fixed by removing the build ability of these units)
Unfortunatly, that's too key a gameplay concept to simply remove though.
2) Mine spam. (Told AAI to build no fixed defenses)
3) Max water depth is inconsistent. tested on 'EE Delta Glade' and all of the infantry, and most of the german vehicles (except a few of the halftracks) can get through the water, but all of the light US vehicles cannot get through (even though the M2 Inf. Carrier is much taller then a StuG III, the StuG can get through the water, while the M2 cant.)
Yeah, we need to overhaul move classes entirely imo.
4) Total inability to play on maps where there is water too deep to get through. RAI does nothing, AAI just spams infantry then lets them stand at the edge of the water until the end of the game. AAI seemed completely uninterested in building planes, even though it has used them before on all-land maps.
I've never seen AAI use planes in S44
1) Bunker energy costs. the bunkers are incredibly energy expensive, this isnt really an issue in terms of nanostall because of the long build times, but ai's (AAI in particular) dont like having build projects in progress that are in excess of the total energy/metal storage values. ie if they are building a munitions bunker, no vehicles will be built till it is finished (which usually leads to the German ai getting thrashed by the US ai because it is building bunkers to support its energy need, but nothing other than infantry, even if it has idle vehicle/gun/plane factories)
2) Command Bunkers. Bugged, known issue. (Removed from build tree to stop the AIs from getting bogged down building them for no benefit other than the energy, then ending up nanostalling due to low metal.)
1) Switch the power outputs of the Command Bunker (500) and the Munitions Bunker (300) otherwise there is little point in having the Munitions Bunker because the Cmd Bunker not only produces more energy, it also extracts metal and can defend itself against infantry.
yeah, all that needs sorting.
2) Deep wading tanks. The DD Sherman is nice, but id prefer tanks that
just have a deeper max depth than usual, (especially if the units are staying the current size, AAI has trouble on maps like Tropical where there is shallow water that OTA size units can walk through, but its slightly too deep for anything other than Tigers to wade through [other than the DD Sherman, Dukw and Amtrak)) also, the lack of even light infantry sea carriers and LVT's makes an amphibious assault hard for the US (can use Dukws shermans and Amtraks) and impossible for the germans (who have no amphib units, other than the slightly amphib Tigers) could easily add snorkels onto existing tank models and adjust the firing arcs of the guns.
In the new version things are 1.5 times bigger so max water depths should rise a little atleast. It is something of an issue we need to think around though.
Still loving the mod. cant wait for the new models to come through!