Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host - Page 3

Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

User avatar
smoth
Posts: 22309
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 00:46

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by smoth »

Carpenter wrote:
smoth wrote:The only way you can replace the DSD host is if your host offers something better
This one is funny. :D Because every other host there is (non dsd) can offer many things that are better. But maybe things have changed, now there's only minority left of the once fairly big community. CA/Z-K players stayed, as well as DSDers. LoETs got what they wanted.
You cannot make people play the game you want the way you want them to. Deal with it.
User avatar
knorke
Posts: 7971
Joined: 22 Feb 2006, 01:02

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by knorke »

yes you can. i posted a anti-10v10dsd lua in some thread.
User avatar
smoth
Posts: 22309
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 00:46

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by smoth »

you can suggest it, people will just ignore you and keep doing what they are already doing.
User avatar
Carpenter
Posts: 216
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 16:07

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by Carpenter »

smoth wrote: You cannot make people play the game you want the way you want them to. Deal with it.
In order to keep BA/Spring or whatever alive, this should've happened. Also what do you care? You're the Gundam guy.
Drac
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Jun 2011, 16:00

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by Drac »

The main problem here is that the new guys mostly see ba dsd and balanced annihilation has alot more to offer. I don't see much point in big tourneys atm, people has to be good at 1v1 first. Team games are really the next level 2v2 / 3v3 are considerably harder, cooperation communication, teamwork, coordination. 8v8 is near impossible to play with any seriousness.

What we need is to encourage new players for 1v1 instead of hiding in big games learning nothing, criticized by other noobs and clearly not having a good time and no clue whats going on.

How to do it is the tricky part i guess keeping them aware should be the first and most important step, but restricting them until X rank or having some friendly matchmaking system based on experience could be useful too.
User avatar
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper
Posts: 10378
Joined: 24 Jan 2006, 21:12

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by PicassoCT »

*Sniff
We have assembled here, to remember the cruel hatecrimes of the past, that murdered speedmetall. And here we are, and we sware before the grim history: "Never again shall moddevs who dont realize the players handicap force down upon them complicated strategic decision under time pressure, except they hand such superior tools that the game basically plays itself handsoff!"
*Sniff
Such is our oath to stand against the map-cism of the ba(b/v)arian spring board inhabitants of the past, who were slaughtered in there river-beds.
*Sniff
Where are the flowers! To nip things in the bud, that is the intention here!

Also no handys at the murryAll!
Image
In memoria ager! In our hearts.. its unforgotten
Attachments
Grabschmuck.JPG
(7.08 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Pako
Posts: 174
Joined: 12 Jul 2009, 18:57

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by Pako »

I got a permanent ban from all ACE hosts for saying something like "badly configured host" and leaving after it. The host owner then felt his ego hurt and PM:d me about the perm. ban and insulted me for lack of knowledge.

My only ban in 3000 hours of Spring and one of couple bans in ACE host because they can't ban too much or they will get too much less popular than TERA.
User avatar
albator
Posts: 866
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 14:20

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by albator »

Pako wrote:I got a permanent ban from all ACE hosts for saying something like "badly configured host" and leaving after it. The host owner then felt his ego hurt and PM:d me about the perm. ban and insulted me for lack of knowledge.

My only ban in 3000 hours of Spring and one of couple bans in ACE host because they can't ban too much or they will get too much less popular than TERA.
Some of the ACE are true fags, see the 2v2-touney-i-kick-you-cause-i-just-invented-my-own-touney-rule-so-i-feel-powerful incident.
Just nothing new, just go play on [x] autohost, admins are plenty an have reason.

even some Tera admins are better :p
User avatar
marciolino
Posts: 268
Joined: 06 Sep 2010, 22:59

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by marciolino »

I got a permanent ban from all ACE hosts for saying something like "badly configured host" and leaving after it. The host owner then felt his ego hurt and PM:d me about the perm. ban and insulted me for lack of knowledge.

My only ban in 3000 hours of Spring and one of couple bans in ACE host because they can't ban too much or they will get too much less popular than TERA.
I never saw someone respectful and humble to be banned. You should try it.
User avatar
albator
Posts: 866
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 14:20

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by albator »

marciolino wrote:
I got a permanent ban from all ACE hosts for saying something like "badly configured host" and leaving after it. The host owner then felt his ego hurt and PM:d me about the perm. ban and insulted me for lack of knowledge.

My only ban in 3000 hours of Spring and one of couple bans in ACE host because they can't ban too much or they will get too much less popular than TERA.
I never saw someone respectful and humble to be banned. You should try it.
but when are an admin you can be complete jackass and troll players to tease them and eventually ban them as soon as they answer you. Exact reason why you should not hang out there
klapmongool
Posts: 843
Joined: 13 Aug 2007, 13:19

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by klapmongool »

marciolino, what does 'humble' mean to you? Because if it is anything but 'modesty in behavior' I disagree with you. And even then all players (including admins) should display modesty in behaviour.
hum·ble (hmbl)
adj. hum·bler, hum·blest
1. Marked by meekness or modesty in behavior, attitude, or spirit; not arrogant or prideful.
2. Showing deferential or submissive respect: a humble apology.
3. Low in rank, quality, or station; unpretentious or lowly: a humble cottage.
Saying that a host is badly configured should not result in a ban, it should result in a PM from the admin with the question as to what exactly is wrong with it. That is one of the things I really like about [x]Thehost: vbs is always open to suggestions and welcomes input like that with questions rather than bans.
User avatar
marciolino
Posts: 268
Joined: 06 Sep 2010, 22:59

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by marciolino »

Yes I was meaning "modesty in behavior". I agree klap that admins must more than anyone have "modesty in behavior", and I never intended to say the contrary.

I wasn't there to see what Pako said exactly to be banned, but I have already experimented a very disrespectful behavior from him. Ok I should not bring this to an unrelated case.
Saying that a host is badly configured should not result in a ban, it should result in a PM from the admin with the question as to what exactly is wrong with it. That is one of the things I really like about [x]Thehost: vbs is always open to suggestions and welcomes input like that with questions rather than bans.
Yeah, I completely agree with you.
User avatar
Wombat
Posts: 3379
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 15:53

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by Wombat »

I like the part when you complain about the same things since few years.
klapmongool
Posts: 843
Joined: 13 Aug 2007, 13:19

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by klapmongool »

Wombat wrote:I like the part when you complain about the same things since few years.

:(

The problem wasn't solved since then. On the other hand a lot of people left due to it, so less people complain now.
User avatar
FabriceFABS
Posts: 352
Joined: 28 Jul 2010, 16:20

Re: Yet Another Anti-DSD Thread - Got banned for promoting host

Post by FabriceFABS »

Pako wrote:I got a permanent ban from all ACE hosts for saying something like "badly configured host" and leaving after it. The host owner then felt his ego hurt and PM:d me about the perm. ban and insulted me for lack of knowledge.

My only ban in 3000 hours of Spring and one of couple bans in ACE host because they can't ban too much or they will get too much less popular than TERA.
Seems you forgot it (or don't want to mention it) : You use a bot account for playing and it is not compatible with Spads / or it wasn't, remember, we talked about a bad team balance. You weren't agree and DIDN'T want to remove the tag bot. I simply decided to ban your bot account. What's wrong ?
Do you keep use your bot account for playing ?
Why don't you say the true instead of blaming me in public ?

Code: Select all

### Session Start at [2011-09-19 23:43]
[23:43]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> ?
[23:43]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> !help
[23:43]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> ok
[23:43]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> Stop your words immediatly on our autohosts, also on Spring. Spring community don't need this, if this continues, I'll be sorry to inform spring lobby moderators.
[23:43]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> You're warned now.
[23:49]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> And game is unbalanced because you have the AUTOHOST tag, remove this useless thing. Autohosts thinks it's a bot.
[23:49]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> Your accound has a permanent ban. When AUTOHOST tag will be removed on your nick, ban will be removed also.
[23:50]  <[ACE]FabriceFABS> Cya
### Session Closed at [2011-09-19 23:50] 
+ extra : http://pastebin.com/p3Qs88bJ

albator, we can't stand each other, you know that.
When you have a good education, you don't try to resolve an old-private conflict on the forum by washing one's durty linen in public. We hate each others, stop attacking me or [ACE] autohosts in public (with off topic answer).
If you have a conflict with me, simply PM me here on in SpringLobby. Only myself can talk about it, not others nor your « spring's friends » clan can resolve this.
albator wrote:Yeah, some (not all) of the ACE poeple are sad.
albator wrote:Conclusion: next time, please use autohost with non-fag admins.
Who ? When ? Where ? Replays ? Logs ?
:arrow: Nothing ? Nothing but arrogance and insults ? :arrow: Totally honest.

CONCLUSION :
I alreaday had to explain myself about moderation, for instance here, http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 71#p503271 I received Carpenter excuses and after we could discuss about it.
albator, don't endless try, to force others players having the same think or same friends than yours.
WTF there's in your mind about you're always have a need to critic ?
This can works, but during a certain time, just because people will follow their own point of vue and I'm pretty sure they don't need your help for that.
Maybe you're a egocentric man ? I have so many conflicts with you just because I refused to do what things you've wanted me doing by force. Look the definition here about egocentric definition : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentrism

I realize that with some people, I have to keep the logs to prove my good faith. This is an inssuportable way, the unhealthy atmosphere it may have.
As in RL.

I dont want to argue anymore, in future pm me, thx.
Post Reply

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”