Here you can find a neat guide for beginners to XTA
Light Laser Tower
Light laser towers (LLTs) have a much different role in XTA.
They cost 250+ metal and should NOT be spammed unless in specific circumstances.
It is widely thought that 2-3 well spread LLTs will kill a Commander.
They are more for holding a strategic point than defending a small area.
Units will defeat equal metal cost in defence.
XTA is built around the Commanders and Commander Pushing is common.
For a specific guide on Commanders, go here.
Unlike BA, there are differences between Core and Arm Commanders:
- Arm is faster moving
- Core has bigger decloak radius (easy to decloak)
- Core has longer D-Gun (260 compared to Arm's 240)
At morphing, they are also different:
- Core gets a heavier laser, closer range = more damage at Level Two
- Arm gets a paralyser at Level Two
- Core gets a plasma shot at Level Four
- Arm gets three raven rockets at Level Four
The Commanders have shorter range than BA Commanders.
It costs 200 Energy to cloak a stationary unmorphed Commander, and 1000 a moving one.
The D-Gun also has a wider impact.
Commanders can make all Tech one and Tech Two labs, like all constructors.
BUT DO NOT GO TECH TWO AT START
Commanders do NOT leave a wreckage.
Commanders can be morphed in XTA (toggled On/Off in host options). Commanders can be morphed 4 times. The first level requires 0.01 experience. First level gives:
- +3 metal, +75 Energy (starts at +2 and +50)
- 2,000 metal + Energy storage (starts at 1,000)
- Build speed increases by 25, gets full Tech one radar as well as increased LoS
- Range increases by 20, more powerful primary laser and +250 extra health
- When cloaked and moving Commander uses only 700 energy, not 1000
- Level Two requires 0.25 experience and gives improvement on level 1
- Level Three requires 0.10 experience (will go to 0.09 if excess after Level Two)
- Level Three gives improvement on Level Two as well as self repair option
- Level Four requires 0.25 experience and gives improvement on Level Three
- Commander will be paralysed during morphing!
Vehicles or Kbots?
In XTA both types are useful.
It is best to go Kbots on hilly areas and Vehicles on flat areas.
Flash are not as powerful and a wide spread of units is best.
Vehicle Constructors are faster builders but cost more.
All AA shoots ground.
Scouts in XTA are very strong and can survive a lot of damage, however have low damage output.
XTA Nano Towers have shorter range but more build power than in BA.
They chain explode, so place them at your own risk!
Try space them out and not so close to your lab (but within range).
Unlike BA, Vehicle and Kbot AA, Tech One and Two shoots ground and air.
All stationary Anti Air shoots ground.
Anti Air ships also shoot ground (and surface sea).
There is only one Tech one and Tech Two stationary Land Anti Air for both factions.
There is only one Tech one and Tech Two stationary Sea Anti Air for both factions.
There is no Tech Two Kbot Anti Air, although Arm’s Pelican has a weak missile.
Difference in Techs
It is usually best to only have one Tech One land lab, with assisters to improve build power.
XTA is very similar to OTA with Tech one units (less than BA).
Toaster/Ambusher is Tech One; Guardian/Punisher is Tech Two.
Dragon’s Teeth blocks Rockets and majority of Missiles (terrain dependant).
All Tech One Constructors can make all Tech one and Tech Two labs.
Sub Pen and Shipyard are both sea Tech one.
Level one Metal Makers do not chain explode.
Popups do not have "High Trajectory" function.
Hovercraft and Sea Planes are Tech 1.5
Labs cost 1,700 metal.
The Constructors can make Mohos and Anti Nukes.
Hover Platform can be built on Land and Sea.
Tech Two is very different in XTA, and is usually made earlier.
Once Tech Two is out, Tech one units will suffer heavily in head on combat.
Resurrection Kbots are Tech Two and can make structures.
Mohos cost 300 Energy to run not 25!
Zippers/Freakers are in Tech one and 2 labs.
Fleas have 700 HP and are less a scout unit more Skirmish.
Guardians/Punishers do not have "High Trajectory" function.
There are no Plasma Shields.
All Core land and air Tech Two cons can make the Krogoth Gantry.
Arm has no Tech Three.
Krogoth is only Tech Three unit (30,000+ metal).
There is no Advanced Solar.
Cloakable Fusions give 800 Energy
- Arm takes 125 Energy to Cloak
- Core takes 150 Energy to Cloak
- Arm takes 500 Energy to Stealth (625 for Cloak and Stealth)
- Core takes 550 Energy to Stealth (725 for Cloak and Stealth)
Heavy Fusions give 3500 Energy.
Arm have Mobile Fusions (260 E) in Advanced Vehicle Lab.
Core have Mini Fusions (300 E) built by all Tech Two Constructors.
NEVER start with a Heavy Fusion.
Moho Metal Extractors cost 300 Energy per second to maintain.
There is no gradual reclaim.
Metal storages give 10,000 storage extra.
Energy Storages give 30,000 extra storage.
No Tech Two Storages (there are Tech one underwater ones).
Underwater Storages give increased amounts of storage, but cost a little more.
XTA is more about Micro as opposed to Macro.
Controlling a select amount of units can win games.
Units have more Health and are harder to kill.
Wasting units by not microing WILL cost games.
Commanders are widely microed.