Anyone working on a TA: Independence war port?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

Its another space game. Uses ground units (so they don't go inside ewachother) With a better scale. has 2 sides, 1 is 40% complete and the other is 80% complete in the TA mod. It is still being actively developed. Anyways, Just wondering if anyone is working on a port to Spring?
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

http://taiw.tauniverse.com/

Man, looking at that, made me cream my pants!

The website really needs to be updated, the forum shows beta5, the homepage hasnt been updated since 2004.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Then again IWarII is pretty modable, there is a moderately active community here http://www.i-war2.com/ who have made some pretty spiffy things.
Sean Mirrsen

Post by Sean Mirrsen »

Edge of Chaos has the most technologically impressive (gameplay, not graphics-wise) engine I've ever encountered since Frontier First Encounters. In my opinion, with some effort put into background scripting, and some hackarounds to remove the "5 player ships" limit (the most stupid and idiotic hardcoded limit I've ever seen since I can remember), this game can be made into something immensely superior to the wide-known "X" series by egosoft, even the "X3".
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

A certain coalition of modders will be working on porting TA:Independence Wars, and has already gotten permission from the makers of it to do so.
clericvash

Post by clericvash »

FizWizz wrote:A certain coalition of modders will be working on porting TA:Independence Wars, and has already gotten permission from the makers of it to do so.
Awesome!
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Sean Mirrsen wrote:Edge of Chaos has the most technologically impressive (gameplay, not graphics-wise) engine I've ever encountered since Frontier First Encounters. In my opinion, with some effort put into background scripting, and some hackarounds to remove the "5 player ships" limit (the most stupid and idiotic hardcoded limit I've ever seen since I can remember), this game can be made into something immensely superior to the wide-known "X" series by egosoft, even the "X3".
So true... X² was such a let down after EoC, the ecomomy engine was good though. The best of both games would be awesome.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

The group that will be working on TA:IW for Spring is currently investigating some help from the original team. Just wait - it's coming.

Return to “Game Development”