How can I see the supply range?

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

tankcommander

Post by tankcommander »

Hello.

I asked some players how can I see how far logistics‐supply units and buildings can reload other units and buildings, and they answered that I should see a yellow circle that indicates their range. However, I see no such yellow circle, including in the latest development revision (d25e4ff). When I hold shift and hover the cursor over supply buildings and units, I see a green circle, but I know that this is not the resupply range, because I see units with yellow crosses beyond that green circle, which indicated that they are still within the supply radius according to the wiki (http://spring1944.net/wiki/index.php?title=Logistics).

Could you please help me troubleshot this problem? Can you provide a screenshot so that I know how this yellow circle is supposed to look like?

Thanks.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: How can I see the supply range?

Post by Forboding Angel »

Can you post your infolog.txt? Possibly a shader error causing them not to be shown-- This thought is a random wild speculation --(you would think this wouldn't be an issue, but Intel HD gfx cards do really weird crap sometimes and I've had similar things happen in evo with Intel HD users).
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

A screenshot too.

I am slowly working on a proper fix to this as I have an Intel GPU and I cannot see these dotted yellow circles either.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

It's a pretty ancient widget and uses FFP OpenGL only afaik, no shaders. Still it probably just renders glPoints which can be a bit funky on intel iirc.
ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome »

I believe the current workaround is to replace those GL_POINTS with GL_LINES. It works, but is not pretty.
tankcommander

Post by tankcommander »

I changed "local GL_POINTS = GL.LINES" to "local GL_POINTS = GL.POINTS" in "LuaUI/Widgets/gui_s44_supplyradius.lua" and now I can see the yellow circles.

Return to “Spring: 1944”