Xta 9.66

Xta 9.66

Hearken back to the days of yore and enjoy the first major Spring module!

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

Noruas
XTA Developer

Xta 9.66

Post by Noruas »

http://springfiles.com/spring/games/xta
^-- should send you directly to latest version 9.66.
------------------- Change Log of XTA v9.66 By Noruas (0.82.7 and next version) ------------------
Level 1 Arm Lurker and Core Snake now have area of effect damage from 16 to 128 radius, making them more effective against scouts and bunched tidal generators. (balance issue)

Nerfed Kamakazee Subs by from 2500 damage to 1900, and from 2500 to 1000 against commanders, requiring now 4 to gurantee a kill. (balance issue)

Amphibious Boats can now also be built from the advanced vehicle plant. I would recommend against it on land maps since every land unit does what it does better and faster. (balance issue)

Arm Core Decoy Commanders can now capture, to add more combat utillity requested by Pintle. (balance issue)

Doubled Accuracy of Crusader and Enforcer. (balance issue)

Reduced Scout boat speeds from an average of 3.7 to 3.2 so kiting will be more difficult. This is still a minor nerf. (balance issue)

Increased buildtime of arm skeeter boat scout by 50 percent to match core searcher. (balance issue)

Because of the cost and health of spiders, they have been shrunk to 2x2 from 3x3 footprint size should be easier to use now. (balance issue)

Added New Lua that prevents nuke particles from spawning if blocked by an antinuke.

Added two new nuke effects that are appropiate sizes for the arm nuke and core nuke. Will be tested and edited in future.

Made some old effects less particle spammy. You will be able to see the difference.

Fixed some of the Invisible Particles that were still rendered.

------------------ by Deadnight Warrior
Fixed some minor glitches in animation here and there (Snipers broken rifle, Krogoth walk speed)

Ajdusted CORE Light Fusion Power Plant model to better match footprint and yardmap

Turned off heatmapped pathfinding, produces better results than with heatmapping

Added T1 mexes & M makers, solars, wind generators, E & M storages to FARK's and Necro's buildmenu

Added support for various screen aspect ratios to XTA Layout widget

Improved CORE Weasel animation
Comments or potential future goals for releases would be greatly appreciated.
Jools
XTA Developer

Re: Xta 9.66

Post by Jools »

I like everything except the capture by decoys, but that's because I still think they should be decoys and not replcaement coms.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

$ rapid list-tags '^xta.*' --regex
Pinned tags:
xta:latest (XTA 9.642)
Available tags:
xta:fixed (XTA 9.6.3)
xta:version:9.6 (XTA 9.6)
xta:version:9.642 (XTA 9.642)
xta:version:9.64b (XTA 9.64 beta)
it would be nice if you would maintain a rapid tag xta:test, like some of the other projects, which now could be at 9.66 for example.
pintle

Post by pintle »

Finally got round to playing some sea games, kaze nerf is greatly appreciated.
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

the tag xta:test should work now, xta:stable will work after the first "rapid" release ;)
abma
Spring Developer

Post by abma »

(not sure where to report bugs)

i got this error with xta 9.726:
Error: Spring: Incorrect/Missing content: Could not load startpicture from file bitmaps/loadpictures/loadscreen_fire.jp2
i guess the picture is in a wrong file format...

edit: manitsed: http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 06#p539806

linux on spring doesn't support (mostly) jpeg 2000, so don't use it please!

Return to “XTA”