Mining code (request)

Mining code (request)

A fresh perspective on battle for control of Earth, brought to you by Sanada and Snoop.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

scifi

Mining code (request)

Post by scifi »

ive been eager to get my hands on it, :wink:

so first im asking permition to use it

but id like to have a link to the latest mine code, if you are kind enough to post it :wink: , example the link with the . SDD file in knorkes post is out of date :|

i know the svn version SD or ZK delivers, has the code, but tbh i dunno whats wrong i cant acess it.

anyways i know only when i have the code, i can speculate on what it does but just let me ask some questions.

How do the miners work, do regular rocks are considered reclaimable by every contructable unit????

From my test of earlyer SVN versions i noticed the way you get minerals sounds similar to the usage of an attack command??? rather than use of reclaim/constructor behaviour.

Anyways id apretiate if you shared me a link to that SDD knorke posted.

Great work btw :wink:
knorke

Re: Mining code (request)

Post by knorke »

http://code.google.com/p/conflictterra/ ... .lua?r=925
Can you acess that? If not, maybe someone can upload it as forum attachment or something.
It is quite up to date I think, just for my mod I added something to send a cargo-status message to the miners so that harvester can have a cargo bay that fills. (not at home so can not post that)

Yes, mining works by attacking. ie you should set up your units/weapon categories in a way that only miners can attack/damage rocks.
Otherwise you will have tanks trying to shoot at the rocks etc ;)
How do the miners work, do regular rocks are considered reclaimable by every contructable unit????
There is some
----config----
at top of the file, you can fill all units you want to be dropoffs / miners / resources in their list.
I started making that lists defineable by unitdefs, ie all units with the custom parameter is_mineable=true are already considered mineable.
scifi

Re: Mining code (request)

Post by scifi »

thanks, i migth have overlooked that, or for some reason it didnt alowed acess, now it does.

Im trying to implement a similar system, for FF (final frontier)

essencialy it will be the same, the diferences are im implementing a more starcraft like economy.

the regular 6 to 9 minerals at home base, then the expantions, the diference is the expantion is made by slow moving ships. So the workers migth get raided easily :wink:

i think with this code i can implement that ty for sharing :wink:

Return to “Conflict Terra”