maps and mods folder moved?

Discuss your problems with the latest release of the engine here. Problems with games, maps or other utilities belong in their respective forums.

Moderator: Moderators

manolo_

Post by manolo_ »

hi,

i installed the newest spring version and i recognized a new folder in my data files /spring with the subfolders /mods,/maps and /modupdater. so will all new downloaded maps and mods move to this location or still into /spring/mods or /spring/maps or could i delete this folder ??
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Re: maps and mods folder moved?

Post by hoijui »

that is where ArchiveDownloader will put them, and i guess springlobby will put them there too...
having those things out of your spring install dir is a big pro when you have more then one spring installed, and it does not really hurt otherwise (except you/the user having to get accustomed to it).
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yeah having them in your documents is a massive plus (can someone say no screwing around with uac anymore?).
reivanen

Post by reivanen »

If only we could specify where we want 'em and not use some hardcoded path.
FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi »

reivanen wrote:If only we could specify where we want 'em and not use some hardcoded path.
+9001

It's really annoying for my setup.
hoijui
Former Engine Dev

Post by hoijui »

under linux, there is the /etc/spring/datadir file that does exactly this. As we have symbolic links under linux, this is really not that usefull, but surely neither bad to have. under windows, it would make more sense (cause of no symbolic links), but we do not have it there.
I agree it would be beneficial to have such a file, eg at My Documents/My Games/Spring/datadir.txt. Only reason i currently see to not do this change (ignoring the work it needs), is that it could cause additional ocnfusion among windows users.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

You can already use 'SpringData=' setting as far as I know.

However I think they are talking about the path where archivemover moves the archives. That currently can't be changed..

Return to “Help & Bugs”