P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3 - Page 5

P.U.R.E. 0.8 RC3

WolfeGames and projects headed by Argh.

Moderators: Moderators, Content Developer

rattle
Damned Developer

Re: P.U.R.E. 0.8

Post by rattle »

You should limit the zoom level too, if you can, because seeing these these bevel effects up close is not everyone's thing.
Argh

Post by Argh »

Quick question: who do I need to talk to, to get a #channel set up? I need a #pure channel...

Also... Koshi, if you'll send me the updated DLL, I'll put up a link to SpringLobby, but I also need to know how to "steer" it to the test server, so that MP works right with both clients...
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Oh hell argh, easy as pie. I'll have a new version of PURE-RiverGlade up by tonight (maybe some others too). I'm using my new climate that I made (as seen here: http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 89#p306489 and used Blue Frost as a gineuia pig) and so far I'm loving the absolute hell out of it.

Thanks for the guide argh. I'mma be having a lot of fun with this :-)
quantum

Post by quantum »

Argh wrote:I need a #pure channel...
It's set up.
koshi
Lobby Developer

Post by koshi »

Argh wrote: Also... Koshi, if you'll send me the updated DLL, I'll put up a link to SpringLobby, but I also need to know how to "steer" it to the test server, so that MP works right with both clients...
get http://filebin.springlobby.info/springlobby.conf edit to your wishes and put it alongside the exe in the same dir.
the dlls in installer should be updated shortly. otherwise use these: http://www.springlobby.info/windows/dll/dlls.zip
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Argh wrote:2. Um, does anybody know how serious a request for article information from the editors of pcgames.de is?
Used to be the biggest PC gaming magazine (in print) around (except the Computer Bild), roughly 1 million readers. That was back when I still read it which was before broadband internet became commonplace though. No idea how many people read the online version...
Argh

Post by Argh »

:!:

Guess I'd better, um... do a good job then <gulp>

I'll get some copy written, when the essentials are done (can't hype a game that's broken, doesn't have good features, etc. after all)... meh, if anybody has time (ha, ha) they want 5-10 screenshots "at full resolution, with action"... i.e., a full spread of shots...

I would strongly prefer 1600/1200 shots- shadows on (4096), reflections on, sky on. No non-standard Widgets, FPS/Clock/PlayerInfo in the shots, please. If you had some insane moments in a replay... go back through it, find 'em, snap some shots, preferably with different camera angles, to play up how amazingly flexible Spring is, compared to most commercial products...

They want to do a magazine article, a DVD release and Web coverage, apparently... this is a little scary. If I don't screw this up too much, it might be the breakthrough moment.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Didn't that happen to Star Wars Spring once?

Wait, that doesn't inspire confidence. nm.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

if your gonna release anything tell them to wait till 0.77 is released :p

and i can do screenshots on max setting's np

shame about no AI :( (well at least for resistance)
Argh

Post by Argh »

if your gonna release anything tell them to wait till 0.77 is released :p
According to them, the deadline for getting them this stuff is going to be the 26th- screenshots and things I need to send right away, in case they have objections, etc., and I've already warned them that RC1 is not what I'd like to see in a DVD.

So... 9 days. Doesn't give me a lot of hope, but it's always possible the sync bug will get resolved by then.

Gotta go with what we have, though- you really can't say no to something like this, this kind of opportunity may never happen again, frankly.

If 0.77 isn't ready by then... relax, it's not a total disaster. RC2 will allow for MP out of the box, more singleplayer stuff, and lots of bugfixes, and I'll just continue to fix whatever balance issues are found. I've been talking to Satirik, Koshi, etc., and while I'm sure that there will be problems... they can get dealt with. Not perfectly, but at least in a way that's not a disaster, so long as I don't screw up too badly... and that's where people like you come in- don't assume I know what I'm doing, assume it's all broken, and find out what's wrong with it, *before* we see huge problems with a mass release. I can't fix things I don't know are broken, basically, nor can I talk to the scads of other people involved, if it's a problem elsewhere.

In short... don't panic. If this doesn't happen perfectly, it's just going to have to be that way, but I'll do my darndest to make sure that it all still feels professional, if I possibly can.
Didn't that happen to Star Wars Spring once?

Wait, that doesn't inspire confidence. nm.
Yeah... let's not even talk about that. Failure is not an option.
Last edited by Argh on 17 Sep 2008, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

k ill install a new build of spring (which has working bump mapped water) and take some screens shame that the rain only looks good in game and vids
smoth

Post by smoth »

eh, you do what you can argh.
Otherside

Post by Otherside »

argh in the worldbuilder gpl map with the dense fog put the fog shader off by default its isnanely laggy (and i got a decent comp) so id expect other people to suffer badly

took a screenie in the mean time

Warlord Zsinj
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Warlord Zsinj »

:(

Fucking cup really screwed us over after that article...
Imperium

Post by Imperium »

Warlord Zsinj wrote::(

Fucking cup really screwed us over after that article...

Wut happened? Was this pc gamer + star wars + unknown files going down at the same time leaving people unable to download? Or am I remembering wrong and making stuff up? I kinda hope it's the latter.
smoth

Post by smoth »

no, it is what you thought. He is talking about the site going down at that inopportune time.
Argh

Post by Argh »

On the good side, WZ... people will be all over IW like the proverbial flies on the proverbial cow-patty, if we can get things right this time. I predict it'll be like, "oh yeah, there's that P.U.R.E. thing"... "zomg, there's STAR WARS" once you guys have a game for people to play ;)

It was probably for the best in the long run, anyhow, as you guys didn't have a game really ready to deliver yet anyhow, and people would have gotten tired of waiting for stuff.

I'm working on getting the final details nailed down... thus far, amazingly I'm ahead of schedule:

1. Swapped out my fog for the shader-fog used on Ooooweee, on the city map... should really help performance for most users.

2. Set up more single-player "missions"... ok, they're just vs. AI battles, but meh, at least they're an intro to the game for newbies, and hard enough to be somewhat challenging. There are now enough "missions" for people to play Overmind vs. Overmind, Resistance vs. Overmind, on several maps. Too bad even KAIK doesn't play Resistance yet ;)

Speaking of which... I need to make decisions about maps. I want more maps in the build- at least two more- but I'm a wee bit terrified of the increase in filesize that entails.

Forb, you having any luck with World Builder yet?

3. Fixed up SpringLobby, so it works now. Thanks, Koshi.

4. Fixed up TASClient, so that it will log into the Test Server. Thanks, Satirik.

5. Tested and configured the Advanced Player Info Widget.

6. Tested the AoE Widget, it's great and well-designed, and will be put into World Builder.

Meh... let's see... oh yeah, I was going to fix that stupid bug with the team circle things...

Oh yeah... and where's the video? Anybody?

Oh, and OtherSide... I like the screenshots, don't get me wrong, but you really should just send them to me, raw... and I'd prefer that the UI was showing.

Am I forgetting anything major, deadly or stupid enough that I can't spend some time looking other issues tonight? I think that may be all of the major things on the list. Oh... yeah... jK added that StockPileTime variable... I'll go do something about that...
smoth

Post by smoth »

I think argh has me on ignore.

Argh ignore test: I texture better than you.
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

Or he didnt refresh the page.
Argh

Post by Argh »

I've been a wee bit busy, people. What the heck is this about, anyhow?

Return to “Argh's Projects”