I came, I saw, I left - Page 4

I came, I saw, I left

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

luckywaldo7

Re: I came, I saw, I left

Post by luckywaldo7 »

Alien wrote:I'm not saying play other mods like the other people in this thread who are trying to scavenge players for their crappy mods
^ An example of the attitude of smug elitism that pervades the BA community and generally makes a great game unfun to play.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Cheesecan wrote:Spring DSD games begin with "fu" and end in with all-out flame wars, kick votes and general maliciousness on a scale I haven't seen anywhere else since I started gaming really.
lol ya

Everyone has fucking huge hurry to start the game... if i go afk for 1min, im already kicked out of the game, and if i was lucky enough and wasnt kicked out when game started, they keep still votekicking me and even when im playing the game i get kicked out because i didnt respond 1min ago. Many people votekick just to get their coms because extra com = win. They dont care about your playing, just wants your stuff.

And this hurry thing isnt only a Spring games problem, i see it everywhere these days... kids just drink too much e-drinks and sugar containing stuff like coke, and get in this sugar drunk state of mind which makes them super impatient and gives a rageability to everything.

Although, in some other games people have even less patience; they quit if they need to wait 20 secs. oh wait... hmm.. i think the same problem is in Spring as well, if i host a game alone, and 1 guy joins, he will quit after 20-40 secs if nobody else joins. Thats also why big games are more popular: people leave and join faster, so they feel its gonna start soon, but in fact, most DSD games takes 10-20mins to start o.O

Thats why we need bots to join in every game so they look like 8v8, but when they start, theres only 2-8 players! Perfect plan. Now someone go make it happen?
smoth

Post by smoth »

luckywaldo7 wrote:
Alien wrote:I'm not saying play other mods like the other people in this thread who are trying to scavenge players for their crappy mods
^ An example of the attitude of assholish trolling that pervades this community and generally makes this community a horrible place to be.
-fixed
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

is BA portable to TA 3.1?

and if so.....
mi2

Post by mi2 »

Today I went to spec Nuclear Winter on DSD only host and this happened right at the start:

Code: Select all

<guy with admin rights> mi2
<guy with admin rights> go fuck urself
[[fi]mi2] ?
<guy with admin rights> just wanting to say it
[[fi]mi2] lol
<guy with admin rights> u left b4 i could say it the other day
[[fi]mi2] ok why?
<guy with admin rights> coz ur a fag
<guy with admin rights> i can troll if i want
[[fi]mi2] how?
<guy with admin rights> like this
<guy with admin rights> !kick mi2
Spectator [fi]mi2 left the game: kicked
Kicked from the battle
20 mins later I rejoined to the lobby and asked why i was kicked for no reason and put a joke !kick vote on the him. Then he banned me and never told me any reason except this "i can troll if i want" in the game.

I think guys like him shouldn't have any admin rights. And I want to make the community a better place so I came here to ask what I could do to get his rights removed or who I should contact. I have the replay and screenshot of he banning me and everything needed even the infolog.txt :)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

bon voyage
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

maybe say who he is first lol

but, to be honest, after seeing 'just wanting to say it' i bet cig its 8D
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Wombat wrote:maybe say who he is first lol

Nope he said it's a DSD host. :wink:
Carpenter

Post by Carpenter »

Cheesecan wrote:

Nope he said it's a DSD host. :wink:
8D has admin rights on DSDHosts, however that's not 8D type of language. I bet that's bobbel.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

even bobbel knows basic english and he doesnt use 'u'
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

The real difficulty with spring is, its way to hard to mod :)

Its extremely easy to create a map - and therefore thousands of maps exist.

We need a Annhilation with every Unitvalue in a Ecellsheet, so that even the biggest Noob can easily change the values, even in Game. This will spam a thousand LOL_KrogOver9000HP_ANNHILATION Mods, but 3 of them will be good, one might be perfect, and some monomaniac will produce a total conversion liek a Tacraft from it.
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

Unit files are ASCII text, even noobs can edit that, it's just fitting together all the pieces(model, animation and tons of other crap) that is hard. Noobs don't need excel spreadsheets, they need whole solutions like a Spring Universal Editor with wizards and shit like that..go look at the NWN editor, UT editor, etc..
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

BA is a broken in old whore

she's easy, ugly, and everyone's had a piece

its like farrah fawcett; sure, she was hot once, but really you can probably get sick from nailing a corpse

edit: lol is this alien guy forreal... really just fuck off the forum dude, go back to the lobby
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

mi2 wrote:Today I went to spec Nuclear Winter on DSD only host and this happened right at the start:

Code: Select all

<guy with admin rights> mi2
<guy with admin rights> go fuck urself
[[fi]mi2] ?
<guy with admin rights> just wanting to say it
[[fi]mi2] lol
<guy with admin rights> u left b4 i could say it the other day
[[fi]mi2] ok why?
<guy with admin rights> coz ur a fag
<guy with admin rights> i can troll if i want
[[fi]mi2] how?
<guy with admin rights> like this
<guy with admin rights> !kick mi2
Spectator [fi]mi2 left the game: kicked
Kicked from the battle
20 mins later I rejoined to the lobby and asked why i was kicked for no reason and put a joke !kick vote on the him. Then he banned me and never told me any reason except this "i can troll if i want" in the game.

I think guys like him shouldn't have any admin rights. And I want to make the community a better place so I came here to ask what I could do to get his rights removed or who I should contact. I have the replay and screenshot of he banning me and everything needed even the infolog.txt :)
The problem is that those autohosts are hosted by community members. The admin is probably also the host.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

kais, is nailing corpse amusing ? i still got mailman somewhere

also, alien = sheep so...
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

u've lost a cig dude:D
[PinK]8D

Post by [PinK]8D »

but i've unbaned some guy who accidently took [Fx]Effects & got ban for that heh
i bet cig it was him
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

[PinK]8D wrote:but i've unbaned some guy who accidently took [Fx]Effects & got ban for that heh
i bet cig it was him
[Fx]Effects is Knob. Also, welcome to the forums 8D!
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

knob is admin on tera, cool eh ?
Hobo Joe

Post by Hobo Joe »

The solution remains to cap autohosts at 5v5 and only allow private hosts to run 8v8. You can effectively kill the problem without actually removing the ability to play 8v8 from the community.

Return to “Ingame Community”