Unlimited Vertical range?

Discuss game development here, from a distinct game project to an accessible third-party mutator, down to the interaction and design of individual units if you like.

Moderator: Moderators

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Is there any weapondef tag that allows weapons to have unlimited range vertically within their horizontal range circle?

Edit:
float cylinderTargeting  default: 0.0 (1.0 for #Melee) 
Controls whether the weapon range is calculated in a sphere or a cylinder. The height of the cylinder is determined by the value of this tag multiplied by the range. Clamped between 0.0 and 128.0.

Some wording on this has changed (either that or I "misremember" it), specifically "Weapon range calculated". That's good, that means this does what I want I think.
Silentwings

Re: Unlimited Vertical range?

Post by Silentwings »

There isn't a tag for "unlimited", only the one you found. If height of 128x weapon range is really too small for you, you could set a range value greater than any sane map radius and have a gadget containing an appropriate return value for AllowWeaponTarget{Check} - you'd have to also gadgetize the "real" range circle if you wanted it visible on mouseover/selection.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Yes it does indeed work the way I wanted. Weird thing I'm seeing now is that vs aircraft that are higher than the unit's normal range, while they will attack the high aircraft if you tell them to, and hit it, they won't attack on their own. I'm guessing because the aircraft is beyond their normal range.
bobthedinosaur
Blood & Steel Developer

Post by bobthedinosaur »

can you force the unit to auto target if you can give it a dummy 2nd weapon with a larger range?

Return to “Game Development”