Spring features help

Spring features help

Discuss maps & map creation - from concept to execution to the ever elusive release.

Moderator: Moderators

PtaQ

Spring features help

Post by PtaQ »

Hi, I was digging up a lot, but it seems there is no clear information on how to import spring features archive to feature placer. I got it added to games as pointed out in the description on springfiles. However, when I start feature placer the featrure list is empty.

Can you explain this to me as if I was 5? BTW, this should be more clearly described on wiki.

The files I am using:
http://springfiles.com/spring/tools/spring-features
rapid tag: spring-features:stable

Thanks in an advance :)
PtaQ

Re: Spring features help

Post by PtaQ »

I figured it out by now, anyway there shou8ld be some information about it somewhere.

For future generations: contents of the features archive need to be added to your map file at the main catalogue along with LuaGaia etc.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

I answered in the lobby and your other thread, set spring features as a dependency.

Spring Features v1.9 is the latest.
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

I cant find anything ingme to use the tool, empty list and pr-downloader using the .bat file i only downloaded, spring-features:stable and feature-placer:test and there is nothing, HOW?
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

You include it as a dependency in your map, then it will show up in featureplacer.

In your map dependency in mapinfo.lua, you add:
Spring Features v1.9
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

I was thinkin about mapping i made several years ago, i was not using latest blueprint used as model but approximatively the same but there was not too much and certainyl not luagaia and other like folder gadget, i see feature placed in a lot of location inside it ,what do i need to be ableto place geovents, is the feature map could be working for the placing of vents for exemple with 2 pixels and do i need something else ?
qray

Post by qray »

For geovents you could go like this:

Place in features/allworlds a file named geovent.lua (found this somewhere, but don't remember where) containing:

Code: Select all

local DRAWTYPE = { NONE = -1, MODEL = 0, TREE = 1 }
local geoDefs = {}
local function CreateGeoDef()
geoDefs["geovent"] = {
blocking = false,
burnable = false,
destructable= false,
reclaimable = false,
geoThermal = true,
energy = 0,
damage = 0,
metal = 0,
reclaimTime = 0,
mass = 100000,
drawType = DRAWTYPE.NONE,
footprintX = 0,
footprintZ = 0,
collisionVolumeTest = 0,
customParams = {
mod = true,
},
--modelType = type,
}
end
CreateGeoDef()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
return lowerkeys( geoDefs )

Put in mapconfig/featureplacer/set.lua under objectlist = { a line reading like this

Code: Select all

{ name = 'geovent'	,x = xxxx	,z = zzzz	,rot = "0" },
where xxxx and zzzz correspond to the coordinates where it should be (same as you see ingame in the tooltip).

Optionally: adjust your texture that it represents a hole or crack or sth. like this at this place.

No adjustment of feature map needed.
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

ok i solved this many times now, but still a problem icant figure how to fix, my features are stored in a file called set.lua for their position, roeintation etc but can i say i want x metal and x energy, do i need to use a featuredef file ? how really is possible this functionnality, ovverride some existing values for exemple
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Copy the featuredef of to feature you want to modify and put it in your map archive.

https://github.com/Spring-Helper-Projec ... g-features
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

i started to add the file originally to mapconfig/featureplacer/set.lua and all features were ok but as i wanted set metal and energy, i reused the file by a ingame tool and i exported a file that look the same but in a featuredef structure, i placed this file model.lua in a folder called features but energy and metal still at 0.
return {
features = {
{
angle = 0,
featureDefName = "pdesertplant4",
id = 1605,
energy = 100, ---> added this line manually
teamId = 2,
x = 6320,
y = 218.883408,
z = 2144,
},
},
units = {},
}
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Take this file:
https://github.com/Spring-Helper-Projec ... Plant4.lua

And put it in:
features/picasso/
Senethril

Post by Senethril »

Thank you its exactly what i needed.
i have another question related, if i decide to imagine i have a particular object i do not made, it exist but i want it in severals and different definitions, can i redefine it at multiple locations file for existance ?
When the logo reclaim doesnt appears on object that give no metal ,when players gameplay is balanced because they probably use all alt reclaim same object type, in this case the metal, but it can vary too, so if i cant define it is reclaimable and not reclaimable to not force users to claim it for 0 metal amount, can i duplicate the same object withdifferent claim options, or i need renaming a definition or simply import it inside project as a clone to use another name and be able to choose which one in location file...? i want this for a map that should be more beautiful by including object of the same type not reclaimable..
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Reclaimable and autoreclaimable are featuredef tags, set them however you like.

Sure, you can use the same object (model/s3o) for multiple features as much as you like. Just copy and paste a featuredef and change the information in the actual def. Make sure that the path to the object is correct and you're all set.

Return to “Map Creation”