Spring 0.83 on mac OSX Lion

Discuss everything related to compiling and running Spring on Mac OS X.

Moderator: Moderators

DasBilligeAlien

Post by DasBilligeAlien »

i downloaded the 0.83 for mac and is runnning pretty well on lion. Is there a possibility to make a decent setup (like choosing your faction) in this version or is only way to play, the test thing?

th other thing is, while the gmaae i runnig fine for most of the times, i have a problem with larger explosions, every explosion brings the framerate to its knees. is there a way to turn down the particle effects?

and last but not least, i tried the weblobby stuff and got in a match i was hosting on another machine (linux ubuntu 11.10). i could join and all but in the moment i executed the script that you hace to download all i got was some black screen with a counter.

yeah. i will still trying and testing the game. as an old TA fanboy it would be awesome to play some spring games on this mac.
daftalx

Re: Spring 0.83 on mac OSX Lion

Post by daftalx »

For now 83 hasn't been officially activated on the official server-side, as 84 is coming out anytime soon. So whether your Mac or PC, you shouldn't be able to run on the latest version online.

Some people have reported that SpringLobby was working on Lion, though not loading the unitsync. Feedback in the corresponding thread is appreciated, so things can move forward.

As for the weblobby stuff, haven't got it to work yet, so no idea how it works regarding the whole script thing.

Return to “Mac OS X”