Nightmares - Page 2

Nightmares

Post just about everything that isn't directly related to Spring here!

Moderator: Moderators

Jazcash

Re: Nightmares

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:
Jazcash wrote:Wow that was weird, I had a dream that I was in some kind of Pokemon league and I made it all the way to the end and Trademark was the final boss .... :?
Were you surprised? Did you pwn me? :o
That's the point I woke up :mrgreen:
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Its funny that you saw such a nightmare right after you said:
Jazcash wrote:I hardly ever get nightmares.
:lol:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:Its funny that you saw such a nightmare right after you said:
Jazcash wrote:I hardly ever get nightmares.
:lol:
It wasn't a nightmare, that's why I said it was a dream :P You Pokemon master you.
KaiserJ
Community Representative

Post by KaiserJ »

i get some strange dreams, especially when i've been up late eating a lot of food and playing games. i dont really think of any of them as outright nightmares, but certainly there's an air of disquiet to them (and wierdness)...

i get a lot of dreams where there are zombies, or monsters or whatnot lurking around, and i'm trying to save my friends, and generally eventually am caught, and that's when i wake up

when i was a kid i used to have dreams all the time about my neighbourhood being completely and mysteriously empty of people, and i'd be running around trying to find people while something follows me (it's been lions, a gorilla, and even nemesis from resident evil)

a friend lost a leg last year in a rail-crossing accident... i had dreams for about a week afterwards thinking about myself getting caught the way he did (climbing across the connector thing between two train cars; the train starts, and getting pulled under the wheel and mutilated) although to be fair im sure that the people who actually saw it happen were far more disturbed.

a lot of the time i've had strange dreams, and woken up suddenly, unable to remember anything about the dream other than it was really wierd and kind of scary
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

KaiserJ wrote: when i was a kid i used to have dreams all the time about my neighbourhood being completely and mysteriously empty of people, and i'd be running around trying to find people while something follows me (it's been lions, a gorilla, and even nemesis from resident evil)
I had that dream loads of times when I was a kid too :o
Machete234

Post by Machete234 »

KaiserJ wrote:i get some strange dreams, especially when i've been up late eating a lot of food and playing games.
After eating about 400g of pasta I had the strangest nightmare ever:
I was eating glass and when I loked down my body it poked out of my stomach/belly :shock:
And it also hurt like you would imagine eating glass and then it rips your stomach open from the inside.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I dreamt that wild snorlaxes kept appearing, then I realised it was just McDonalds
Pressure Line

Post by Pressure Line »

I practically never remember my dreams on waking, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. the ones I *do* remember make me glad I don't remember the rest.

I have nightmares on a regular basis, averages out to about one a week (although its usually that I'll have nightmares 4 or 5 nights in a row, then be fine for a few weeks.)
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

Lol I have daily dreams and they are just totally random shit which makes no sense, I remember them all clearly when I wake up too.

I can also remember lots of dreams from when I was little.

I also often have dreams which like carry on from the night before or from months before

I also always have deja vu where I'm doing something and I'm certain I dreamt of myself doing this

I also always get confused between memories and dreams like I cant remember if something actually happened
Hoi

Post by Hoi »

I remember a lot of dreams. Often I can dream what I want to dream, but often it's random stuff too. If I have a nightmare I kind of wake up but keep dreaming. I see that I'm having a nightmare and change it to something better :)
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

Shit... i couldnt sleep any longer, i saw these nice programming dreams again: heap corruption, memory leaks, etc. Fucking nightmare. There was one -1 in wrong place! :( (gonna check my code today...)
Baladin wrote:I also always have deja vu where I'm doing something and I'm certain I dreamt of myself doing this
This reminded of what ive been doing lately in my dreams: time travelling & stopping time. Does anyone else do this? :-) Sometimes i can "save game" in my dreams, and "load game" to the spot before i failed and "play" it again :lol: And the weird part is that everything is done exactly the same, as if i really went back in time, and i know what they are going to do, so funny.
Baladin wrote:I also always get confused between memories and dreams like I cant remember if something actually happened
Lol me too. :P Sometimes i see dreams where i wake up, go to bathroom etc, and then i wake up for real and go to bathroom etc. One time i did this, looked out of my window in the dream, i saw a truck coming to parking lot. Then i woke up, looked out of my window, and i saw exactly same truck going out of the parking lot :shock: Its really amazing how your brain can make up stuff from the sounds you are hearing. Although, i dont think i heard that truck.
danuker

Post by danuker »

Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I see a Core advanced construction kbot, reclaiming me while I'm paralyzed.
Coresair

Post by Coresair »

I dream about you, Baladin. Nightmare or not I cannot decide :P
Baladin

Post by Baladin »

Coresair wrote:I dream about you, Baladin. Nightmare or not I cannot decide :P
That was actually my brother who posted that (on my account?) im sure he dreams about you too 8)
Panda

Post by Panda »

KaiserJ wrote:i get a lot of dreams where there are zombies, or monsters or whatnot lurking around, and i'm trying to save my friends, and generally eventually am caught, and that's when i wake up

when i was a kid i used to have dreams all the time about my neighbourhood being completely and mysteriously empty of people, and i'd be running around trying to find people while something follows me (it's been lions, a gorilla, and even nemesis from resident evil)
I've had dreams that resemble the "Plants vs. Zombies" video game before and I had plenty of sunflowers and plants that look like the plant from "Little Shop of Horrors" before. I thought that it was a fun dream because I wasn't scared and kept throwing freaky plants and other stuff at the zombies.
Teutooni

Post by Teutooni »

TradeMark wrote:Shit... i couldnt sleep any longer, i saw these nice programming dreams again: heap corruption, memory leaks, etc. Fucking nightmare. There was one -1 in wrong place! :( (gonna check my code today...)
I was doing a quaternion implementation for rotation matrices for a little project the other day. I was up coding till around 6am and went to sleep still trying to solve some problems. Had the strangest feeling ever when I woke up. Can't really describe it, like the dimensions were somehow garbled. :lol:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

So, in the one I had last night, I was a wood screw with superpowers and I was trying to break this nail out of prison (she got busted for prostitution IIRC), but I was afraid she'd hurt me so I was being really cautious about it and taking a long time to decide whether it was a good idea or not.

That's what nightmares are like in Canada.
Gota

Post by Gota »

had one...
Me and my father were undertakers and we owned land for burial...the entire dream we were trying to figure out how to expand and buy neighboring plots.
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Heh heh heh, I guess my dream would mean I have a thing for mounting hardware.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”