Extra rank weight should NOT be added to Veteran accounts - Page 3

Extra rank weight should NOT be added to Veteran accounts

Please use this forum to set up matches and discuss played games.

Moderator: Moderators

manored

Re: Extra rank weight should NOT be added to Veteran accounts

Post by manored »

SwiftSpear wrote:
manored wrote:I think a program capable of roughly determining whenever there was actual battle or the players were just messing around would be usefull. Something like a program estimating the balance of power and the amount of conflict in the game, so it could determine who didnt help, who did, who sucked, etc. It would take things such as the proximity of mexes to the commander upon start in account to balance for the differences in the starting economy, and also who shared resources.
I think such a program would be a waste of server resources. Many of those calculations would be quite expensive.
They dont have to be very complex, I think something that compares resources produced and spent to damage done and resources shared would be enough to at least force cheating players to do a "show" to raise their ranks.
JAZCASH wrote:I'd say base ranks upon an average of damage per game.
Damaging the enemy isnt the only way to help the team, you can take care of efficiently reclaiming wrecks for the team or take out that one critical structure for example.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

manored wrote: Damaging the enemy isnt the only way to help the team, you can take care of efficiently reclaiming wrecks for the team or take out that one critical structure for example.

True dat.

I'll stick with games won-lost for now then :P
zerox_a

Post by zerox_a »

i think it would make sense to have certain exceptional players like me have 2 stars. its not about rank weighting its about respect or even adoration.
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

I would say veterans are on average 10-20% better than goldstars. So current weight is in order. We are talking about teamgames ofc.

Normal brain never stop learning, but i duno what is your case :wink:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

I think an extra rank is in order. There is a major gap between Gold Star and Veteran.

Example:

A gold star player gets absoloutely thrashed by another gold star player 100 times in a row. The gold star he's getting beat by is obviously better than him by a lot but they are the same rank. This is because the bad gold star player has 301 hours ingame and the good goldstar player has 999 hours ingame.

This is my suggestion for rank ingame time:

Rank 1: 5 Hours
Rank 2: 15 Hours
Rank 3: 30 Hours
Rank 4: 80 Hours
Rank 5: 150 Hours
Rank 6: 300 Hours
Rank 7: 500 Hours
Rank 8: 750 Hours
Rank 9: 1000 Hours
Rank 10: 1500 Hours

Mainly it's just the 700 Hour game between Gold Star and Veteran that needs to be addressed.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

hours doesnt really matter...

didnt anyone read my perfect suggestion? make ranks affect by wins in past 6 months or something like that
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote: didnt anyone read my perfect suggestion? make ranks affect by wins in past 6 months or something like that
Didn't you read the 9000+ posts before yours? Players can cheat wins easily.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

JAZCASH wrote:
TradeMark wrote: didnt anyone read my perfect suggestion? make ranks affect by wins in past 6 months or something like that
how so? dont add scores in the rank if you beat newbies, or people with same IP etc, or same nick people etc.....
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:
JAZCASH wrote:
how so? dont add scores in the rank if you beat newbies, or people with same IP etc, or same nick people etc.....
I have plenty of high ranked friends who would be willing to let me win a ton of games just for my rank. It's not like starting a game and then having someone quit takes effort or time.

It's not about wins anyway cause you could be a horrible player but if you play with the right people, you win a lot of games.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

JAZCASH wrote:I have plenty of high ranked friends who would be willing to let me win a ton of games just for my rank.
1) why would anyone want to be high rank just to be high rank?
2) why would anyone care if someone cheated his rank? its his loss when teams are balanced...
3) why would you get rank points from games shorter than 15mins?
4) why would anyone waste 15*100 minutes of your life just to gain rank? and why the fuck would we care, he would actually earn that rank then XD
5) why would you get rank points from games with the same people all over again?
6) why cant you spam rank points in the current ranking system? o.o
7) yes you can, its even easier than with this my suggestion...

So, the rules would be like, the more you play with same people, the less they would give you more rank of the won games with those people... like the diminishing metal maker returns works :P

And lower rank players would give less rank too, so you cant spam wins from noobs all the time.

It can be done ._.
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:
JAZCASH wrote:I have plenty of high ranked friends who would be willing to let me win a ton of games just for my rank.
1) why would anyone want to be high rank just to be high rank?
2) why would anyone care if someone cheated his rank? its his loss when teams are balanced...
3) why would you get rank points from games shorter than 15mins?
4) why would anyone waste 15*100 minutes of your life just to gain rank? and why the fuck would we care, he would actually earn that rank then XD
5) why would you get rank points from games with the same people all over again?
6) why cant you spam rank points in the current ranking system? o.o
7) yes you can, its even easier than with this my suggestion...

So, the rules would be like, the more you play with same people, the less they would give you more rank of the won games with those people... like the diminishing metal maker returns works :P

And lower rank players would give less rank too, so you cant spam wins from noobs all the time.

It can be done ._.
1# Because they like feeling cool, pro and upsetting balance

2# I care about balanced games

3# make ranks affect by wins in past 6 months or something like that
hours doesnt really matter...

didnt anyone read my perfect suggestion? make ranks affect by wins in past 6 months or something like that
If I was cheating I could win 1 game every 15 seconds. That counts as a win.

4# Hacker hack, cheaters cheat. They get pleasure out of doing these things.

5# More like 15*100 seconds if you're doing it by how many wins they have.

6# If you mean cheating using the current system, you'd have to leave your computer on and if you did it from rank 1, leaving it on for 60000 minutes. That's an awful lot of wasted time not having fun in a real game. Otherwise players can't really cheat the system without learning about Spring cause they're constantly ingame, learning. The system ranks players by experience, not by skill level. If I played 60000 minutes of ingame time against my idle friend, I certainly would know a lot more than when I played my first game.
Having somebody quit games for you without actually playing them is not learning.

7# Even easier to cheat? Oh so you're all for it?

8# Do you have any idea how small the Spring community is compared to other gaming communities? We average about 250 players online at one time. I play against players I've played against before about 95% of my games. This is just fail on an epic scale.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

did you just say its harder to cheat rank now? thats just bullshit... if you can hack my idea, why wouldnt you be able to hack the current idea
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:did you just say its harder to cheat rank now? thats just bullshit... if you can hack my idea, why wouldnt you be able to hack the current idea
To cheat the rank now you would need to leave your PC or just be not focused on the game and do that for 60000 minutes. I would much rather play the game for 60000 minutes which would be gaining experience. Or I could refuse to learn.

To cheat your way I could just keep getting friends or w/e to quit for me so I win games every 15 seconds or so. Easy.
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

JAZCASH wrote:To cheat your way I could just keep getting friends or w/e to quit for me so I win games every 15 seconds or so. Easy.
1) limit is 15 minutes
2) you wouldnt get rank if you didnt do anything in the game (or if you didnt do almost anything, like would use the game end stats to generate some number which tells how much the people actually did anything in the game... mouse movement, key presses etc... damage dealth, damage given, etc...)
3) it would rise your rank about as same rate as now, but it would just be more accurate system. So it wont get you omgz veteran account in one day if you win 1000 games in one day (which is impossible).

So there would be some limit in wins in one day... lets say you can get more rank only from the 8 hours in one day... Or it would get the average win/lose ratio from one day, by using the system i explained... so you cant spam wins either, really.. who would play thousands of 15min games just to get a fucking veteran star... jesus...

The whole fucking point in this system is to provide a more accurate measurement for the players skills, not try to make more unhackable system than the current one is we just dont care if someone hacks his rank, really, its just one case after all, if it causes so big problems in the community, then we could just ban him :shock:
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

TradeMark wrote:
JAZCASH wrote:To cheat your way I could just keep getting friends or w/e to quit for me so I win games every 15 seconds or so. Easy.
1) limit is 15 minutes
2) you wouldnt get rank if you didnt do anything in the game (or if you didnt do almost anything, like would use the game end stats to generate some number which tells how much the people actually did anything in the game... mouse movement, key presses etc... damage dealth, damage given, etc...)
3) it would rise your rank about as same rate as now, but it would just be more accurate system. So it wont get you omgz veteran account in one day if you win 1000 games in one day (which is impossible).

So there would be some limit in wins in one day... lets say you can get more rank only from the 8 hours in one day... Or it would get the average win/lose ratio from one day, by using the system i explained... so you cant spam wins either, really.. who would play thousands of 15min games just to get a fucking veteran star... jesus...

The whole fucking point in this system is to provide a more accurate measurement for the players skills, not try to make more unhackable system than the current one is we just dont care if someone hacks his rank, really, its just one case after all, if it causes so big problems in the community, then we could just ban him :shock:
Oh so now it's about the graphs now is it? Very well but that has nothing to do with wins which was your original point.

Depending rank upon the graph data would be more accurate.
One of the main point of ranks is balance which you clearly can't seem to understand.

The current rank system works fine.
manored

Post by manored »

ginekolog wrote:I would say veterans are on average 10-20% better than goldstars. So current weight is in order. We are talking about teamgames ofc.

Normal brain never stop learning, but i duno what is your case :wink:
However learning is like making a pile of bricks: The more you know in a subject, less each new individual brick matters. A player who has 1000 hours of will kick the ass of one who has 100 (well, probally), but things would be a lot more balanced if they each played 1000 extra hours :)

I think the current ranking system works well in that regard though, vets have only a bit more height than gold stars and the hour difference between then is huge.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add some sort of time-area though, because skills get rusty with time. For example I have been playing very little lately, so If I played a game right now I probally would be beaten by someone with less experience but playing with high frequency. This probally should only be valid in the higher ranks though, since I dont think anyone can unlearn everthing :)
MidKnight

Post by MidKnight »

There's also the question of different mods: I am a blue star, but I suck at CA :P
Lolsquad_Steven

Post by Lolsquad_Steven »

1v0ry_k1ng wrote:I think gold star and vet star should be worth the same. reason: by the time you reach gold star, your as good as your going to get. you might learn a few new tricks, but odds are high that by this point you dont play that regular anymore.
lol
TradeMark

Post by TradeMark »

MidKnight wrote:There's also the question of different mods: I am a blue star, but I suck at CA :P
lol yeah i made a topic about that once
Jazcash

Post by Jazcash »

How about no ranK!? That way everybody is equal! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Return to “Ingame Community”