[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

ImageImageImage

More info here

Launcher/menu image:
Last edited by AF on 02 Nov 2007, 19:04, edited 39 times in total.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

alpha 11.1 for those who downloaded in the last 10 minutes, fixes 3 minor bugs todo with channel listings.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

again alpha 11.3 fixes a bug with channelwindows not destroying themselves when closed.
Kloot
Spring Developer

Post by Kloot »

Creating a symlink from Spring to spring also works, though you may want to catch the UnixProcess IOException and show a friendly popup box in case AFLobby cannot find the binary (rather than a stacktrace).

Also, the generated script references XTA.sd7, not XTAPE.sd7, so unless there's an XTA v8.1 that doesn't have the PE suffix, you have to rename/symlink to that file as well.
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

Nice to see this progress!

So, how far off from alpha 12, aka the 'usable thing'?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I need to sort out loading UnitSync. Everytime I try I get exceptions todo with not finding the dll or the signatures of the class inside it. I suspect its due to name mangling and VS 2003 but I cant compile unitsync with codeblocks and mingw32.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

Unitsync doesn't need to be compiled with mingw.
Name mangling doesn't happen on C functions. (Except for the stdcall/cdecl difference: @N token behind name, but your java documentation should tell you which you need.)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

The headers are initially generated via the javah tool so they should have the correct export. I'm still considering other possible causes such as missing or extra functions or incorrect code on the java side.
BvDorp

Post by BvDorp »

So, basicly, which functions are missing?

I guess only TASclient vs. AFlobby, or also the map functions?
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

a map picker(unitsync)
map starting rectangles
sync hashes (unitsync)
AIs
handicap
somazx

Can't login

Post by somazx »

So I downloaded your latest version and I can't log in. Had Elio test it also, he reported the same.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I'll fix that soon
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

I've fixed the bug, and I can log in now. I've also fixed some errors in my JNI bindings for unitsync, and gotten AFLobby to start with it.

I've also managed to get the mod combo box in the host game tab to list all the mods the user has, and I've gotten it to list the maps in the console which means I should be able to start a map picker today.

I did all that in 30 minutes, and UnitSync is much easier than I thought when you have a little help along the way (thanks michilus).

I can also verify that AFLobby runs fine under MS Vista.

Thus AFLobby is the only lobby that succesfully runs under Linux, XP, Vista, Mac OS X without consequence, and I'd be interested in seeing what other Operating systems it can run on.

Expect a "beta 1" within the next week.
own3d

Post by own3d »

This still does not work properly under Gnome on Linux, Gnome uses the GTK toolkit your application is trying to use the current GTK theme so the application can intergrate however it seems unable to find it. This is the console output:
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:70: Engine "ubuntulooks" is unsupported, ignoring
/usr/share/themes/Human/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:240: Priority specification is unsupported, ignoring
It works under KDE which uses QT. So it must be something about running GTK user interface is messing it up so it looks like this:

Can you set it to fall back to a default look and feel if it fails to integrate with the current interface?

I did a google search for the error some results:

http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa ... eID=154102

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1048982

Apparently until java 6 comes out using the "swing" interface for Linux will work on both KDE's QT and Gnome's GTK interface.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

That screenshot shows a bug in Alpha 11 that was fixed, involving the login page panel not setting itself to be opaque. If this where indeed a problem with the look and feel then the above screenshot would look normal but with the swing metal look and feel howing on the comamnd buttons.
own3d

Post by own3d »

AF wrote:That screenshot shows a bug in Alpha 11 that was fixed, involving the login page panel not setting itself to be opaque. If this where indeed a problem with the look and feel then the above screenshot would look normal but with the swing metal look and feel howing on the comamnd buttons.
This was in alpha 11.3 if thats what you mean.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Then please reinstall the java runtime. If that panel is opqaue but its behaving as if its transparent then your java runtime is not doing as its told.

Alpha 11.3 crashes anyway due to protocol changes in tasclient 0.33, so you'll never b4 able to login anyway.

If Java cannot set the look and feel it reverts to the default look and feel. It doesnt decide to go walk about with undefined behaviour.

Here is an AFLobby alpha (probably alpha 3) that was running before I told it to use the native look and feel where possible, this is the java default look and feel, the metal look and feel.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/7185/shot21mj.jpg

Be aware that alpha 11.3 is outdated and alpha 12/beta 1 has been worked on.

own3d, you are not running alpha 11.3. You see malric reported this error when I released alpha 10a, and it was fixed in alpha10b.

malrics report is here:

http://spring.clan-sy.com/phpbb/viewtop ... 847#153847
own3d

Post by own3d »

I am 100% sure that I am using 11.3 so that much is not up for question however if you had read my previous post you would realise that the problem is with java's detection of GTK+ themes.

I have reinstalled java, I can verify i have the latest 11.3 alpha the problem is not as simple as you would like.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Java wont try to use an invalid look and feel, your environment gives ubuntulooks as its GTK theme. Java doesnt support this so it reverts to the default swing theme which is platform independant.

However, if someone can verify this on another machine?
own3d

Post by own3d »

AF wrote:Java wont try to use an invalid look and feel, your environment gives ubuntulooks as its GTK theme. Java doesnt support this so it reverts to the default swing theme which is platform independant.

However, if someone can verify this on another machine?
KDE works you need to try it with Gnome

Return to “Linux”