random enemies script

random enemies script

Discuss the source code and development of Spring Engine in general from a technical point of view. Patches go here too.

Moderator: Moderators

Torrasque

random enemies script

Post by Torrasque »

I view in the the cvs : "Fixes some bugs and add a random enemies script"

What does it do? (I'm too lazy and certainly too much suxor to understand what it do:there is one week I search how to send order via the minimap and I unterstand nothing ^^)
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

because u can't give orders on the minimap
Torrasque

Post by Torrasque »

NOIZE : I was speaking about the source. I don't know how to get the default command, or the selected command and then transforme it in a command and send it.
Buggi

Post by Buggi »

From the latest source update:
-Adds a random enemies script for those that really want to test in single player. The enemies are read from spawn.txt (frame/enemyname pairs) and spawns at startpos 1-3 randomly
Always found here:
http://www.epicedit.com/spring.zip

Still digging :)

-Buggi
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Now that we have this officially released, the question must be asked: What do the numbers mean inside spawn.txt? At first, I assumed they were time limits, where the engine would wait to spawn that particular unit until the given number of seconds had passed. After playing once, though, I found this is most definitely not the case, as I got hit with three brawlers before I could even half-build a vehicle plant (which was the very first thing I told my commander to build). Surely there is a method to the madness.

There also needs to be a way to select Core for the invasion mode. I had to go in and recompile taenheter.ccx with a modded sidedata.tdf to Core it up.
Fnordia
Former Engine Dev

Post by Fnordia »

The number is the time the unit appears. It is specified as frame-number, and spring runs at 30 frames per second internally. So the brawlers should appear after about 30 seconds.

The included spawn.txt is not really balanced for actual playing, it's just an example. :)
Gnomre
Imperial Winter Developer

Post by Gnomre »

Ahhh, thanks. :)
penticrack

Post by penticrack »

link is down. some1 hace an other spawn.txt for example?
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

Nice necro >_>

I'm pretty sure that spawn.txt is mod-specific now, so it's included in the mod file.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

spawn.txt is obsolete. It was made unnecessary by the skirmish AIs and the random enemys 2 script which doesnt require a configuration file.
Tobi
Spring Developer

Post by Tobi »

No, random enemies 2 is exactly the same as random enemies, ie. it requires a spawn.txt too, except that it spawns units on two teams (good for stress testing if a stable AI isn't available) instead of one.
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

Also their are the nice LUA startscripts, which can do quite a few interesting things as well. One of them is called "LUA ordertroops" (start it by starting Spring from the proper executable (not the lobby), and then choosing it from the scripts). With Ordertroops you can say in game which troops are to come at you :D.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

*_* so nobody has written a random spawning unit AI?! wow.
Argh

Post by Argh »

There's no need to mess with this stuff... AIs can be called from Spring.exe startup, and spawn.txt works just fine...
penticrack

Post by penticrack »

can´t find lua_ordertroops , where i can download it?
Peet
Malcontent

Post by Peet »

It's actually LUA Requestattackers.
penticrack

Post by penticrack »

alrightythen... hm i wanna test tactics with a friend. is it possible to make this in multiplayermodus?
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

Sorry about the wrong name, I had just assumed it would be called the same as the lua file :/ , hope I didn´t give you much grief searching for it (thanks for correcting Peetah).
Penticrack, although I think the Lua startscripts can be used for multiplayer, you´d probably have it easier to typ: .cheat
and then
.give 7 arm_stumpy (thats for XTA)
or in general
.give [howmany] [unitname(as per FBI name)]

Unless of course, you wanted to be allied with your friend and have units sent against you by an "enemy" (I might be able to give you hints for that as well though).
penticrack

Post by penticrack »

SeanHeron wrote:...hope I didn´t give you much grief searching for it ...
hehe no :) i´m glad u wanted to help me!

yea exact this hint i need ^^ how to start allied with no working ai for this mod (TA:WD or LLTA)
SeanHeron
Engines Of War Developer

Post by SeanHeron »

Edit (what I previously said here was incorrect):
Actually, I think I was mistaken, and at the moment I do not believe you can run a Lua Startscript in a multiplayer game.

Do you have an instant messanger ? Or are you on the TASClient ?
Last edited by SeanHeron on 27 Jan 2007, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Engine”