Absolute Annihilation 2.11 - Page 62

Absolute Annihilation 2.11

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

PHATBOYZ cosk well over 2k metal infact, thats the same as 10 fidos

And you cant use PHATBOYZ against anything other than swarms really, most core L2 kbots can make mincemeat of them (Sumo, Cans, i think morties have a longer range too, as do dominators)

Pyros are good raiders, and with a well used scuttle, you can create a gaping hole in an enemy defensive line, allowing you to swar... i mean plod through with sumos, cans etc.. :P

Edit: just checked, PHATBOY costs 2251 metal, sumo 2020 metal, (but alot more energy) similar range, similar speed, but the sumo is a whole lot tougher - not saying this is wrong though, just quoting some stats :P
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Comp1337 wrote:
neddiedrow wrote:
Min3mat wrote:its a dumb idea AND noone wants it.
give it up.
I don't really see how it is a dumb idea. Support your assertion, and don't fall back to the f4 trick which as far as I can see is an uncovered error with the engine.
He's talking about moho twilights AFAIK.
Yes, so was I.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Oh. I had no idea fatboys were so expensive - I rarely play Arm. And Zippers seem far more effective than Pyros for simply running through/ignoring the defensive lines and then chewing up the soft squishy interior of a base.
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

Ishach wrote:I like the idea of the arm moho mex having a radius of anti-radar around it. A good thing to place on a critical metal spot that you are building a defensive line around. I know anti-radar was heavily nerfed not long ago so maybe this isnt the kind of direction Caydr would wanna take for AA but just throwing an idea in the mix.
Given how cheap anti-radar is and how epensive mohomexes are, that seems rather pointless. I mean, sneaky-petes are still no big expense.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

Pxtl wrote:Oh. I had no idea fatboys were so expensive - I rarely play Arm. And Zippers seem far more effective than Pyros for simply running through/ignoring the defensive lines and then chewing up the soft squishy interior of a base.
They are, but Pyros are a better all-around unit. You can use them for raiding or assault.
MR.D

Post by MR.D »

Fatboys are most likely the ARM's best combat unit short of LVL3 mechs.

They can outrange bulldogs and gollies, have a nice impulse round that shoves even heavy units around, is pretty well armored, and deals a nice chunk of damage.

As long as you have a couple support units, even a Pyro rush can't defeat them.

Use these as a stationary support unit while or before your main force attacks and you're sitting pretty when it comes time to count survivors.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

they also move and turn slower than any other unit i can think of, and they do crap damage to heavy units like bulldgos and gollys, they cant really support youre units as they're aoe is so big you kill of as many of youre own troops as the enemy.
they DONT need moving to another lab as previously suggested or changed in ANY way, ground balance is graet at the moment caydr please dont mess around with it. (if you were even thinking of it anyway)
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

Good lord my grammar is shockingingly bad - I just re read my post.

:oops:
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

Are you sure that the choice between vehicles and bots is balanced ?

I think bots are still favoured by a good margin, especially during lvl 1.
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

IMO it is, ive been using vehicles and bots at both l2 and l1 recently, they both work great and both have uses in different situations
Cheesecan

Post by Cheesecan »

I hardly even do lvl 1 vehicles anymore, their slight hp/damage bonus just isn't enough to sacrifice the mobility and versatility of kbots. Getting level 2 vehicles would be the only reason. I'll make an exception on very open maps like comet catcher though.

Level 2 vehicles actually pack a punch so no complains there. Plus by that time raiding with kbots have become difficult and it's time to punch through defenses instead.
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer

Post by NOiZE »

IMO the level 1 veh plant should just be a bit cheaper...
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

aye i agree, a 100m or so less and its sorted i reckon
Comp1337

Post by Comp1337 »

Cabbage wrote:aye i agree, a 100m or so less and its sorted i reckon
+1
No major changes to ground balance now please Caydr!
Pxtl

Post by Pxtl »

BigSteve wrote:IMO it is, ive been using vehicles and bots at both l2 and l1 recently, they both work great and both have uses in different situations
Me too, you just have to start with kbots. Even on air-oriented maps you start with kbots. The thing is you don't have to go L2 right away - look at how cheap the L1 labs are compared to the L2. Lately I've been trying to bring in all 3 L1 plants before going L2, and find it quite useful.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

A 0 EXP commander gets killed by one nuke from the core silencer.
Egarwaen

Post by Egarwaen »

NOiZE wrote:A 0 EXP commander gets killed by one nuke from the core silencer.
I think we've been over this before. He survies the explosion, but the damage he takes on landing kills him.
NOiZE

Post by NOiZE »

Egarwaen wrote:
NOiZE wrote:A 0 EXP commander gets killed by one nuke from the core silencer.
I think we've been over this before. He survies the explosion, but the damage he takes on landing kills him.
Okay... well fix it somehow :-)
BigSteve

Post by BigSteve »

yeah, its actually rather hilarious, watching that comm do backflips halfway across the map and land in the middle of your fusion spam.
Priceless ^^
Snipawolf

Post by Snipawolf »

Commander Nuke, My tactic: A skuttle bomb can blow a commander from middle of One Castle (Map: Castles) all the way to the wall of another one, either way it must be set right, if it is, it will completely annihilate the inside of castle....

Return to “Game Releases”