Cloudhost SPADS confs

Cloudhost SPADS confs

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

Silentwings

Re: Cloudhost SPADS confs

Post by Silentwings »

That's kind of you - I've moved this into the SPADS subforum.
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: Cloudhost SPADS confs

Post by bibim »

PROAngel wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 17:54 I will try to write a longer tutorial on how to set up a spads (its very easy once you figure few things out) later on.

Im posting here some of my confs so others dont have to struggle as much as i had to to make !nbteams work
Thanks !

PROAngel wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 17:54 These configs are broken in many ways but work for !ffa command.
Here are some questions/remarks to help you fix them:

PROAngel wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 17:54 spads.conf
PROAngel wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 17:54

Code: Select all

# Output flood protections
sendRecordPeriod:10
maxBytesSent:10000
maxLowPrioBytesSent:8000
It seems you tightened the output flood protection. Did you do that because your autohost got kicked due to flooding ? This shouldn't happen with default values, except if you don't have bot flag. Or maybe the thresholds have been modified at uberserver side and then I would need to change the defaults...

# Presets
preset:default|ffa|teams
hostingPreset:default|ffa|teams
battlePreset:default|ffa|teams
In your example it's not really useful to allow at the same time multiple values for "preset" and multiple values for "hostingPreset/battlePreset". In a way, hosting presets and battle presets are both already included in global presets.

I just made two diagrams recently to try to explain a bit how SPADS settings/presets are organized, here.

The fact that you set "hostingPreset" to "default|ffa|teams" in spads.conf allows players to execute this command for example: "!hPreset ffa". This command would just change the hosting preset to the FFA hosting preset, applying only the FFA hosting settings (battleroom name etc.) and not the other FFA settings which are defined in the FFA global preset ("nbTeams" etc.). In other words, it allows players to make the autohost look broken because the autohost would use FFA hosting settings while still using default global settings and default battle settings.
I don't see many use cases where hostingPresets could be used for something else than organizing your hosting settings internally. So I don't recommend allowing players to change hosting presets directly.

It can make sense however to allow players to change battle presets directly, to allow them to disable some units easily for example, regardless of the global preset being active (ffa, teams...). But in the example you provided your battle presets are just the default battle presets for the different modes (ffa, teams...). So once again, it doesn't make sense to allow players to switch to battle presets "teams" while being in "ffa" global preset for example.

So I would recommend updating these lines accordingly:

preset:default|ffa|teams
hostingPreset:default
battlePreset:default
Then for example for the ffa global preset you would set:

[ffa]
preset:ffa|default|teams
hostingPreset:ffa
battlePreset:ffa
Of course, for this to work you need to have a "ffa" hosting preset defined in your hostingPresets.conf file and a "ffa" battle preset defined in your battlePresets.conf file.

# Automatic features
nbTeams:2|16|2-16
The value "16" is allowed twice here, once explicitly with the value "16", and another time through the range "2-16". You can simplify that:

nbTeams:2|2-16

# Bots and specs limits
midGameSpecLevel:100
This prevents non-privileged players from joining a game in progress as spectator, is this what you intended ?

[ffa]
description:Free for all
map:Dworld Acidic
nbTeams:16
battlePreset:default|teams

[teams]
description:Teams
map:DeltaSiegeDry
nbTeams:2|2-16
battlePreset:default|ffa
The "battlePreset" setting is defined twice in your presets, only the first declaration is taken in to account for each preset, SPADS should give you a warning about that when you launch it.
Also, it seems your "teams" global preset is using your "ffa" battle preset which seems a bit weird it not a mistake.

PROAngel wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 17:54 BattlePresets.conf

[default]
description:Default battle settings
resetoptions:1
disabledunits:-*
startpostype:2|0|1
maxunits: 5000
autoLock: off
disabledunits:corbuzz;armvulc;armlun;corsok

[ffa]
description:FFA settings
startpostype:1
teamSize:1
nbTeams:16
nbPlayerById:1
mo_preventcombomb: 1
mo_ffa: 1
autoBalance: on

[teams]
description:Team game settings
startpostype:2|0|1
autoBalance: on
nbTeams:2
There are two main problems here:
1) The disabledunits battle setting is declared twice in all your battle presets, SPADS should give you a warning about that when you launch it.
2) Several settings should not be declared in this file but in spads.conf: autoLock, teamSize, nbTeams, nbPlayerById, autoBalance. In this file they are considered by SPADS as possible modoptions or mapoptions, so these declarations have no effect whatsoever.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate if you have any question !

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”