Spectator count bug

Spectator count bug

SpringRTS Perl Autohost for Dedicated Server

Moderators: Moderators, Lobby Developers, SPADS AutoHost

a1983

Spectator count bug

Post by a1983 »

Bug on SPADS and other autohosts
danil_kalina wrote:If you join to room as a Spectator ( 0/16 +2 ). You change your status to Not Spectator then server send you BattleRoom status update. Got 1/16 +1 Battle is opened.

It is fine.

But the BUG is:

When you are in BattleRoom and your status is Not Spectator ( 1/16 +1 ). You change your status to Spectator then server doesn't send you BattleRoom status update. Must be 0/16 +2 Battle is empty; Got 1/16 +1 Battle is opened.
Not sended UpdateBattleInfo command. Or maybe it is another reason?
bibim
Lobby Developer

Re: SPADS AutoHost beta release

Post by bibim »

I also noticed this spectator count bug and spoke about it to aegis about 6 months ago, as it wasn't due to SPADS according to my logs.

Actually, iirc uberserver computes the spectator count itself instead of using the value provided by the host in the UPDATEBATTLEINFO command. This shouldn't be a problem because the lobby server indeed knows who is spec and who is player, but it seems there is a bug in the way the server computes the spec count value currently.
TASServer doesn't compute its own spectator count and only uses the value transmitted by the host in the UPDATEBATTLEINFO command, that's why there wasn't such a bug when using SPADS with TASServer.

If you want we can recheck this quickly. Just contact me in lobby and I will use debug mode on one of my autohosts.

Return to “SPADS AutoHost”