Absolute Annihilation 2.23 - Page 30

Absolute Annihilation 2.23

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

dragons teeth are worthless in Spring anyways. In OTA:AA, you built dragons teeth around your buildings to stop the enemy shooting them (which worked really well). But now they are jsut used for walls.

And "Tech two is reached fast" Stop playing speedmetal. 30 minutes is not "Fast".
espylaub

Post by espylaub »

Caydr wrote:
New changelog:
Ridiculously long changelog
Oof. Amazing how the stuff stacks up. Well done!
raneti

Post by raneti »

low ballistics hit dragon teeth as well adn dragon teeth were used to provide a maze for the enemy enriched with llts :)

have you ever played altored?
ginekolog

Post by ginekolog »

agreed, dts are quite useless, too bad. On the other hand game is faster and less porcy with those crappy dt's.

Overall ground balance is very nice in 2.21 now tbh and vehicles rule on flat maps as they should.
raneti

Post by raneti »

serpent doesn't hit underwater mex but it does hit hovercraft

i didn't notice sonar plane seeing any submarines so far

EDIT: BTW only noobs say the word porcing when they hear of any defence because all they can do is spawn mobs, too slow to micro any defence at all
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

Once am0kk rushed this big DT wall on one side of his base on comet and that really screwed up my gator spamming. It really caught me off guard and I lost the game :(

raneti wrote:
EDIT: BTW only noobs say the word porcing when they hear of any defence because all they can do is spawn mobs, too slow to micro any defence at all

lol
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

i agree with DT comment , will be nice if it stop T2 units ...

comment to commander corpse i noticed in 2.21 T2 construction mech and vehicle DRIVE thru it (destroying it) ...

quite big loss for movement issue like pathing lol ...
also once i saw corpse vanish while laying in water inside explosion crater ... (any expiration time ?) ...
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

Dwarden wrote:i agree with DT comment , will be nice if it stop T2 units ...
T1 DTs stop T1 units, T2 fortification walls stop T2 units.
1v0ry_k1ng

Post by 1v0ry_k1ng »

DT should stop all units moving over them, thats why their shiny and spikey. if they dont, whats the point? they should block non-arced weapons like rockets. Fortified walls also stop things and stop l2 non-arced weapons, but mean freeing up an l2 const bot, and 4x the cost a piece.
Ishach

Post by Ishach »

I think making DT's block shots in the current AA would be awful.
Cabbage

Post by Cabbage »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way dragonsteeth work! Leave them as they are please.
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

KDR_11k wrote:
Dwarden wrote:i agree with DT comment , will be nice if it stop T2 units ...
T1 DTs stop T1 units, T2 fortification walls stop T2 units.
so u mean any even cheapest T2 unit should pass over DT ? ... i can understood something like goliath or bulldog (even by logic any track vehicle WILL have problem with CZECHOSLOVAKIA hedge-hog antitank antivehicle obstacles (developed for defence line on CS-Germany/Poland/Austria prior WW2 then widely adopted by Germans and others thru war)
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

I can't believe somebody is seriously suggesting that DT should stop T2 units! Dear God, the game would turn into an insanely boring porc-fest!
Dwarden

Post by Dwarden »

El Capitano wrote:I can't believe somebody is seriously suggesting that DT should stop T2 units! Dear God, the game would turn into an insanely boring porc-fest!
You know u can destroy them :) similar to wrecks ... so ur argument is just "bit" overdone :)
KDR_11k
Game Developer

Post by KDR_11k »

DTs are more like sandbags or barbed wire by TA standards, stopping light units but not heavy ones.
raneti

Post by raneti »

Might as well remove the DT then because they are an artefact, game goes T2 before they show of any use and no experienced player wastes time building T2 walls(wich are brittle i remember from first time and last i tried them).

The free slots from removing walls can be used for some new brainy buildings, altough some defence loving people might not liek the idea, ita a TA classic piece alltough its role has been stripped.
Soulless1

Post by Soulless1 »

raneti wrote:Might as well remove the DT then because they are an artefact, game goes T2 before they show of any use...
try playing a *normal* game, ie on a map other than speedmetal and with starting resources = 1000 ;)

Of course, if you play only against porcy players they might not attack until tier two, but hey, that's not the modder's fault...

DT are great, as long as the constructor building them doesn't have to open/close in between each one (that takes ages) - which reminds me, does the minelayer still build DTs? That was a great idea :-)
Caydr
Omnidouche

Post by Caydr »

Raneti, I changed the topic's name just for you, don't clog this up with your nonsense.

DT, if I'm not mistaken, should stop almost anything besides heavy tanks and T3 units. Is this wrong? I'll check the moveinfo file... If there's a problem, I'll fix it. But only fort walls are meant as a total barrier. Unfortunately, they're reclaimable currently due to a spring bug...

I've been thinking about this for ages: Why not make dragons teeth into bona-fide structures? I could use the same trick as I use for claw/maw to make them not radar ghost, make their health invisible, etc. This would have the benefits of allowing me to make them non-reclaimable, auto-healing, giving the player who owns them an idea how much longer they'll hold out if they're being attacked, make AIs know how to deal with them.. the list goes on and on. I was sure there were downsides as well, but I just can't remember what they are.
Last edited by Caydr on 17 Oct 2006, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Kixxe

Post by Kixxe »

Well he has a point really. If we think in terms of say CC, to build a DT wall is just... stupid. Maybe on chokepoint maps were the game GETS porchy you need DT's. But AA ain't really designd around porchyness so DT dosen't fit a big neiche. I use em 1 time for like... hopefully stopping flash shots on LLT's? and rocko rocket blocking? IMO more shots should be blocked...
El Capitano

Post by El Capitano »

An HLT surrounded by DT survives far better than one without against the likes of Rockos. And considering how keen people are on spamming rockos at the moment, I'd say that's a good thing.

Oh, and they're also useful for funelling T1 units.

Return to “Game Releases”