Expand and Exterminate version 0.163 Released

All game release threads should be posted here

Moderator: Moderators

Drone_Fragger

Post by Drone_Fragger »

j5mello wrote:wow so helpful drone.

hey did u maybe stop and think that...

THEY AREN'T DONE!!!

Plz for gods sake think before u type...
Yes, Of course you don't mean to be harsh, but why don't you think before you type? What if the spring devs released a patch, Which turned out to ruin the game, but upon telling them, in case they were making more crap to add in, "This patch is crap" They simply replied with "OMFG SHUTUP THIS AIN't DONE YET LOLOLOL"
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

true but just saying they suck doesn't help esp in a case of asthestics not a gamebreaking imbalance (as u suggested). so what if they aren't super furtisically cool. i play this mod 15% for visuals, 85% for gameplay.

i don't want to turn this thread into a flame war so i say we just stop right here. You have ur opinion and i have mine and they aren't the same.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Now, can we get back to civil E&E mod discussion?

Right now, URC and GD are feeling pretty balanced to me, though I am biased toward URC. The knowledge that NI is coming along is a real boost. Makes to worth that much more to wait for a nice E&E game in the Lobby.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Yeah EE also makes a great com stomp game. Specialy with KAI
Min3mat

Post by Min3mat »

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Post by Forboding Angel »

Drone_Fragger wrote:Oh yes, Fang, After .giving an NI commander, I found that the NI tech 2 units look like crap :/ I hate to say that, but they do.
Actually, I and everyone I have talked to like them a lot. They are very menacing. Which is cool.

your opinion is yours, but try to base it on something to keep it from appearing you are a rambling idiot.
Andreask

Post by Andreask »

Ah, i bet the Drone means the texturing of that l2 hovercraft, i bet these arent finalizied yet.
Quanto042
Basically OTA Developer

Post by Quanto042 »

<---- Decides to give latest version of E&E a shot...

Downloading
Fanger
Expand & Exterminate Developer

Post by Fanger »

or dont..
Journier

Post by Journier »

fang do you need to do any more test games?

more than happy to help :_)

how are the ships coming out now?
Deathblane

Post by Deathblane »

Ships work really well, and the lack of a medium-long range 'battleship' with direct fire guns allowes mobile land units to still play a big role.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Deathblane wrote:Ships work really well, and the lack of a medium-long range 'battleship' with direct fire guns allowes mobile land units to still play a big role.
and allows them to be good cover for transport ships.
Neddie
Community Lead

Post by Neddie »

Journier wrote:fang do you need to do any more test games?

more than happy to help :_)

how are the ships coming out now?
That was a fun game, wasn't it? I'm only sorry that I took up about a sixth of the map... you ruined me, and then Fang got you!
Journier

Post by Journier »

heh, that was a fun game! i was getting double teamed the whole time! :)
where you been?

now onto serious business...

Epic EE/ Mini EE is godly...

its sickeningly fun, like... you wont believe the size of battles you end up getting, and then you can zoom out and see giant battles going on all across the map. because even a 16x16 map is giant.

it makes a 16x16 map come out to be like 48x48?.

i like epic ee, alot :) the last game i had with it, made everything else ive ever played feel like i was in a sand box playing with my toys,

now it feels like the sand box got thrown out and now i have a few 1,000 miles to play in , with giant robots and tanks with lasers on there fricken heads.

its just awesome.
j5mello

Post by j5mello »

Hopefully, if all goes well we can introduce some larger units into this as well.

Mega Battleships, Land battleships, Mass transports, etc.

Remember that, although these are "super" units they aren't that much bigger than say the lvl 3 ships in regular E&E.

Heh maybe im trying to make this too much like Supcom. Ah well who care, more things that go BOOM!! :)
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Note: I am pro Air Battleship (like a uber-VTOL or zeppline)
FizWizz

Post by FizWizz »

Fang has always been vehemently opposed to super units...
...but land-ships would indeed be teh pwn.
On a related note, I wonder what NI will do for navy, seeing as how their land already traverses water.
Zoombie

Post by Zoombie »

Err...right.

Well maybe it could just be an areal artillery piece that can be moved around very slowly. Like a flying sat art, that can be shot down by a little kid with a spit ball gun. So bring fighters to guard it!
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

FizWizz wrote:Fang has always been vehemently opposed to super units...
...but land-ships would indeed be teh pwn.
On a related note, I wonder what NI will do for navy, seeing as how their land already traverses water.
True, however, he likes superunits that serve a purpose. Like utility superunits. Such as a massive transport that loads units on it's back so they can shoot and stuff, therefor the units it's carrying determines it's firepower. THings like that.
raikitsune

Post by raikitsune »

Journier wrote:heh, that was a fun game! i was getting double teamed the whole time! :)
where you been?

now onto serious business...

Epic EE/ Mini EE is godly...

its sickeningly fun, like... you wont believe the size of battles you end up getting, and then you can zoom out and see giant battles going on all across the map. because even a 16x16 map is giant.

it makes a 16x16 map come out to be like 48x48?.

i like epic ee, alot :) the last game i had with it, made everything else ive ever played feel like i was in a sand box playing with my toys,

now it feels like the sand box got thrown out and now i have a few 1,000 miles to play in , with giant robots and tanks with lasers on there fricken heads.

its just awesome.

where is this epic version mate? i've not seen it and it sounds interesting.

Return to “Game Releases”