- Cube Heavy Scout.
- Cube Cruiser Base, Fire Cruiser, Spike Cruiser.
- GC Aphid.
- Kuvalus Cruiser Base, Laser Cruiser.
- Biomass Burrow now working, mostly.
- Biomass now has buildpics. Still very tricky to work out how to use Biomass without someone telling you about the invisible creep radius, but at least now you're not guessing what you're building.
- Probably a few other changes that I didn't write down.
Static Friction 0.5.1
- new fourth faction, Biomass. Woefully unbalanced and incomplete, but playable.
- Cube Support Factory, Artillery, Transport.
- Kuvalus Aurochs.
- Kuvalus Solar Hub fixed.
- No more GC Hornet.
- First few sound effects.
Static Friction 0.5
This is the game I've been working on for the last year, on and off. I reckon it's just about mature enough for an announcement now.
The basic idea:
- Asymmetric factions. So far there's the slow-and-heavy Cube, glass cannon GC, and aircraft-heavy Kuvalus. I've got some units for the immobile Biomass, and some vague ideas for the teleporting Lost; whether these'll ever see the light of day remains to be seen.
- Nothing too revolutionary. It's not *A (it's original IP), but it's a lot closer to EvoRTS than Fibre.
- It's going to be majorly rebalanced some time soonish.
- Yep, one army is completely made of bolted-together flat-texture cubes. Yes, I am unrepentant about this.