1v1 BA Tourney

1v1 BA Tourney

Subforum for the organization and gathering of competitive players to talk about the opportunities for competitive play. Post all tournaments notifications here.
User avatar
flop
Posts: 335
Joined: 22 Nov 2006, 05:44

1v1 BA Tourney

Post by flop » 25 Aug 2007, 20:16

Round 1 map: Frostbyte v2
Round 2 map: GreenCometBasic
Round 3 map: Island Paradise
Final maps: Cooper, Comet

Lippy
------------------------Lippy
[NR]ruben
------------------------------------------[tN]Demo
bye
------------------------[tN]Demo
[tN]Demo
----------------------------------------------------------------------[TNL]heze
PRO_rANDY
------------------------PRO_rANDY
[LCC]Islington
------------------------------------------[TNL]heze
[XHC]Davethebrave
------------------------[TNL]heze
[TNL]heze
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[TNL]heze
bye
------------------------PRO_flopflop
PRO_flopflop
------------------------------------------PRO_flopflop
s0lv3
------------------------[tN]Ray
[tN]Ray

-----------------------------------------------------------PRO_flopflop
[DfD]DoJeH

------------------------[DfD]DoJeH
bye
------------------------------------------PRO_]ShoX[
bye
------------------------PRO_]ShoX[
PRO_]ShoX[
Last edited by flop on 25 Aug 2007, 23:05, edited 14 times in total.
0 x

Tim-the-maniac
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jul 2006, 19:58

Post by Tim-the-maniac » 25 Aug 2007, 21:29

map for round 3 flopnub ....
0 x

Lippy
Posts: 327
Joined: 16 Jul 2006, 00:24

Post by Lippy » 25 Aug 2007, 23:21

Congrats to heze.
0 x

User avatar
flop
Posts: 335
Joined: 22 Nov 2006, 05:44

Post by flop » 25 Aug 2007, 23:25

heze owned us all
it wasnt that i was better than the rest he owned i was just last in line :shock:
0 x

User avatar
Sleksa
Posts: 1604
Joined: 04 Feb 2006, 20:58

Post by Sleksa » 25 Aug 2007, 23:29

GoGo Finland \o
0 x

User avatar
REVENGE
Posts: 2379
Joined: 24 Aug 2006, 06:13

Post by REVENGE » 26 Aug 2007, 00:06

Wth is bye?
0 x

DemO
Posts: 541
Joined: 18 Jul 2006, 02:05

Post by DemO » 26 Aug 2007, 00:50

He took longest to own me!!!!

*tries to salvage ego by deriving any sort of sliver of victory from failure*

SHIT IT ISNT WORKING:(

WP heze and gg's.
0 x

PRO_rANDY
Posts: 314
Joined: 17 Jul 2006, 01:06

Post by PRO_rANDY » 26 Aug 2007, 02:17

heze u beast
0 x

heze
Posts: 38
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 23:32

Post by heze » 26 Aug 2007, 19:40

Thanks and gg everyone. Until next time... ;)
0 x

User avatar
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 3984
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 19:29

Post by NOiZE » 26 Aug 2007, 20:36

Someone make a nice site for this plx?
0 x

User avatar
SwiftSpear
Classic Community Lead
Posts: 7287
Joined: 12 Aug 2005, 09:29

Post by SwiftSpear » 27 Aug 2007, 02:07

REVENGE wrote:Wth is bye?
There wasn't enough players, so the players who competed against "bye" got win by default for that match.

It means some people have an easier run than others, but it's preferable to just outright saying "5 of you can't play because we need exactly 8 participants."
0 x

User avatar
REVENGE
Posts: 2379
Joined: 24 Aug 2006, 06:13

Post by REVENGE » 27 Aug 2007, 02:16

SwiftSpear wrote:
REVENGE wrote:Wth is bye?
There wasn't enough players, so the players who competed against "bye" got win by default for that match.

It means some people have an easier run than others, but it's preferable to just outright saying "5 of you can't play because we need exactly 8 participants."
TY, flop also xplained in lobby.
0 x

User avatar
flop
Posts: 335
Joined: 22 Nov 2006, 05:44

Post by flop » 27 Aug 2007, 03:21

NOiZE wrote:Someone make a nice site for this plx?
If someone would make a site for me and andy and whoever else is organizing tourneys it would probably be used but I dont really see whats wrong with the way we've been doing it.
0 x

User avatar
Neddie
Community Lead
Posts: 9406
Joined: 10 Apr 2006, 05:05

Post by Neddie » 27 Aug 2007, 05:40

Oh, and use other maps.
0 x

Saktoth
Zero-K Developer
Posts: 2665
Joined: 28 Nov 2006, 13:22

Post by Saktoth » 27 Aug 2007, 07:26

I dont understand why more than one player would get to fight 'bye', or were there just latecomers?

You might want to experiment with more styles of tournament than just knockout, too.
0 x

User avatar
Dragon45
Posts: 2883
Joined: 16 Aug 2004, 04:36

Post by Dragon45 » 27 Aug 2007, 08:09

A bye happens if there is a mismatch in the numbers of people.
0 x

Saktoth
Zero-K Developer
Posts: 2665
Joined: 28 Nov 2006, 13:22

Post by Saktoth » 27 Aug 2007, 08:22

Yes, i know, but there are other ways to decide who should go through, among the leftover players.

At the least,, the players who got a 'bye' should be vs eachother, rather than a player who got his place on the ladder legit.
0 x

User avatar
hunterw
Posts: 1838
Joined: 14 May 2006, 12:22

Post by hunterw » 27 Aug 2007, 10:20

i think they did that because its a 16-8-4-2-1 tree and they didnt want to mess with complicated trees for non power of 2 numbers
0 x

User avatar
NOiZE
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 3984
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 19:29

Post by NOiZE » 27 Aug 2007, 18:23

flop wrote:
NOiZE wrote:Someone make a nice site for this plx?
If someone would make a site for me and andy and whoever else is organizing tourneys it would probably be used but I dont really see whats wrong with the way we've been doing it.
Would be nice, you could keep track of the results and you might even do statistics.
0 x

User avatar
flop
Posts: 335
Joined: 22 Nov 2006, 05:44

Post by flop » 27 Aug 2007, 19:38

NOiZE wrote:
flop wrote:
NOiZE wrote:Someone make a nice site for this plx?
If someone would make a site for me and andy and whoever else is organizing tourneys it would probably be used but I dont really see whats wrong with the way we've been doing it.
Would be nice, you could keep track of the results and you might even do statistics.
we already know im the best though why do we need statistics?
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “Tournaments”