This Apparent Theft

This Apparent Theft

Moderators: Lord Juzza, Moderators, Content Developer

Lord Juzza

This Apparent Theft

Post by Lord Juzza »

First off, are you all retarded?
This is just a guideline, add topics I've missed if you think they're relevant and use common sense please. Comments that aren't relevant or constructive will be removed.
That's at the bottom of the Unit Suggestion Thread and that's why I removed all those comments because none of them were relevant to unit suggestions. That's also why I'll continue to delete posts that are made on that thread. Not out of some desperate attempt to hide accusations.

As for these accusations of theft I've taken these very lightly thus far but I have not maliciously downloaded and knowingly ripped of TA:E and I'm fucking sick of being accused of doing so. The models mentioned that I apparently stole were from other mods like Tech Wars which have been abandoned for years or Units on Unit Universe which likewise are over a decade old. I also have a multitude of people who find models for me for unit designs I have some models in PA have come from units that have been sent to me by them. If your units are on UU and you don't want them downloaded outside of your mod I'd suggest you take them off it. It's impossible to ask permission to use units from there because the vast majority of people who made those models are long gone.

Now I've told you what's happened I've credited those of you who's models are in PA if you are truly still displeased with this PM like an adult so we can discuss the issue don't make a scene on a public forum like fifteen year old yearning for attention.
smoth

Re: This Apparent Theft

Post by smoth »

I saved the thread. You mad?

wotan was very against you taking his work. you could have just split the thread. you deleted it because you have something to hide. Don't make me repost it on this site.
Lord Juzza

Post by Lord Juzza »

If you want to repost it here be my guest.
smoth

Post by smoth »

Sure. It allows the discussion to take place.

I pm'd tro to ask him about the accusation.

Wotan, which units of yours are being used in juzza's project? would you be open to sharing?
Attachments
lolno.7z
there you go
(58.79 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Wotan_ESC

Post by Wotan_ESC »

TAWP Core Overlord - the unit with the 3 blisters parked on top of it and the barrels removed.

ESC/Talon Arm Nano Drone - the whirligig or whatever it was renamed.

ESC Arm Skycrane Heavy VTOL Transport - called something else now

ESC Core Dragonfly Heavy VTOL Transport - called something else now and this unit was only recently released.

I can only go by what was shown thus far. I will have to download PA to verify any others (prolly can't til tomorrow).

LJ, you erased my previous posts, but I did suggest that you may have gotten the units from someone who knew where they did and never directly accused you of theft (or were lying which I no longer suspect). All we ask is that you ask. Since ESC is active the answer may be 'no', but I could provide you with certain models from TAWP which I was solely responsible for (with certain exceptions). If interested let me know.
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

smoth wrote:I saved the thread. You mad?

wotan was very against you taking his work. you could have just split the thread. you deleted it because you have something to hide. Don't make me repost it on this site.
Don't know if he is but I sure am :/

So to say in other words: The thread you posted proves Juuza-sama correct and you a liar?

LordJuuza wrote:That's at the bottom of the Unit Suggestion Thread and that's why I removed all those comments because none of them were relevant to unit suggestions. That's also why I'll continue to delete posts that are made on that thread.
The posts really aren't PA unit suggestions, most of them is you having a flame war.
Wotan_ESC wrote:...Why cant these folks instead join up with us and take on some work and be part of team and learn for themselves? I'd love to see an ESC Spring mod, but we're still heavy vested in a still active TA community and still perfecting our work. Funny, no one has ever bothered to ask that I am aware of either...
^^Deleting post like these is "having something to hide" and warrants a split?

And unless I hallucinated the TA people already posted list of their units in PA with screenshots and stuff..
Also speculated where he could get those units from accidentally.
I think possibility of being sent an unmarked/unreleased version by someone, or copying from an another mod that in turn copied their mod were mentioned.

Seeing you didn't post that part:
You try to put your words into TA peoples mouth for some stray personal vendetta?

Edit:
Wotan_ESC beat me to posting.
But I wanted to flame smoth so much what should I do:/
smoth

Post by smoth »

[quote="Andrej"]So to say in other words: The thread you posted proves Juuza-sama correct and you a liar?[/quote] Nope. but you will believe what you want[quote="Andrej"]The posts really aren't PA unit suggestions, most of them is you having a flame war.

^^Deleting post like these is "having something to hide" and warrants a split?[/quote] as it was a post by wotan that can be seen as his declaired feelings it should not have been deleted. It is important and relevant. I did not delete the other parts as I felt no shame in what I said and would say it again. I am always on the side of the content devs.[quote="Andrej"]And unless I hallucinated the TA people already posted list of their units in PA with screenshots and stuff..
Also speculated where he could get those units from accidentally.
I think possibility of being sent an unmarked/unreleased version by someone, or copying from an another mod that in turn copied their mod were mentioned.

Seeing you didn't post that part:
You try to put your words into TA peoples mouth for some stray personal vendetta?[/quote] Or I have a life and don't monitor the forums 24/7. There was a poster who made accusations that Juzza was deleting things and hiding the truth, so I saved the thread as soon as wotan posted JUST in case. I didn't get to read the other deleted threads. I was only watching when I heard that there was an issue with TAUers having work stolen. I am a TAUer after all.[quote="Andrej"]Edit:
Wotan_ESC beat me to posting.
But I wanted to flame smoth so much what should I do:/[/quote] Good to see you were being petty and were trying to use the thread as a vendetta sort of thing.

back on topic.

Wotan, that is mighty cool of you! Juzza? is there much you can use here?
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

smoth wrote:Or I have a life and don't monitor the forums 24/7.
Neither do _I_ monitor the forums 24/7.
Which is unfortunate since:

In a previous thread I stopped posting after you said it was over:

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p507052
smoth wrote:Andrej, I am done with you. Count it as a victory or whatever, I am going back to the topic of the thread. You can go troll up another thread.
Then at a time safely outside my time zone:

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 80#p507080
smoth wrote:I was perfectly happy to let this go yesterday but I find it a rude awakening to see it is still going on this morning.
Yeah just decide to come back to attack.

Then you did actual spam on the next page to get the thread locked + get off super easy:

http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p507100

Notice how the text was:
smoth wrote:Getting the fucking thread back on track
And in this thread we have so far:
smoth wrote:back on topic.
Are we up to any recent advancements in smoth tantrums?

So you didn't see enough of the thread, you claim entitlement to flame based on association. ("I'm a TAUer and there are TAUers involved!! and also on the content devs side, rarrr let me police this!!")
Additionally Lord Juuza's first post interpretation of what is happening is in sync with what Wotan_ESC just posted, and is in sync with my post contents.

Of course I'm somehow the one to blame...
smoth (now) wrote:There was a poster who made accusations that Juzza was deleting things and hiding the truth, so I saved the thread as soon as wotan posted JUST in case.
smoth (before) wrote:you could have just split the thread. you deleted it because you have something to hide. Don't make me repost it on this site.
"JUST in case"? You directly claim he has something to hide and pose your saved thread backup as a threat.
smoth wrote:Wotan, that is mighty cool of you! Juzza? is there much you can use here?
Industrial tier backpedalling.
knorke

Post by knorke »

well even if you have modpowers in your forum it is not very clever to simply delete a page of posts.
Especially when it is about something important and new people signed up just for this, it is a bit unpolite. You could have split the posts or something.

In http://springrts.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=26898 Lord Juzza now added credits:
Credits:
PA contains some models from TA:Escalation I'd like to specifically give credit to Archdragon, Boogie, Wotan and TheRegisteredOne. PA also contains units from Unit Universe.
So it is up to the involved people to discuss if that is a good enough solution.
Uninvolved people should keep out of this forum. (this was my first & last post. bye)
PicassoCT
Journeywar Developer & Mapper

Post by PicassoCT »

Timezone delayed drama, is timezone delayed... i come to late again. :(
Knorke put out all the fire, people behaving reasonable and stuff. Guess nothing remains then to collect the smoking embers.

Return to “Progressive Annihilation”