I've attempted to document and track this in an article on my site. Some may have seen it, though I've been making heavy edits as I speak to people and new information is revealed over the last 2 days. It's likely that more edits will be made, and the article has been modified 18 times at the time of writing.
That is not what this thread is about though, and I request any discussion over who was right or wrong be moved to a separate thread. Peoples feelings were hurt, and a large amount of work could be discarded if it devolves into drama, which benefits nobody.
This thread is about the future and what is going to happen. jK has requested a public discussion, and I've put it off until I can get a better idea of things and let things settle a little, I feel that now is a better time to do that.
The current status is we have:
- A set of styling changes built by jK that expands the sites width, adds easter holiday styling, and some other changes
- A complete PHPBB skin restyling by Forboding Angel with a fully responsive design based off of what we currently have. Tapatalk is no longer necessary
- A responsive Wiki theme overhaul by Forboding Angel
- A WordPress site with a theme implementing the Roflcopter design
This thread is to discuss where to go from here
My proposed actions over the next week unless the community voices disapproval is the following:
- Come to a decision on the deployment of the Wiki changes
- Come to a decision on the deployment of the Forum changes
- Come to a decision on the deployment of jKs styling changes -->Forum thread
- Discuss the failings of what we currently have, what people feel the main site is missing, what the difficulties are, and where it should be targeted
However I do not feel that discussing Forbodings WordPress changes at this stage would be productive until these things are discussed as it would not be a healthy discussion. Though I do think that discussion should be had eventually.
I'm going to create 4 threads for each point so that we can keep things organised without any one subject derailing the others, and so that those involved in the work can express their intentions during implementation, what they hoped, and how things should proceed.
A thread discussing repository organisation has been started here based off of a suggestion by Abma