Official Map Blueprint
Just put the smf&smt in there, configure the mapconfig.lua to your needs and be happy :D
For a very long time mappers didn't really knew how to use all these new fancy things Lua offers them. The existing usages are limited and very specialized to the needs of the map. Also much code was written w/o full engine knowledge.
To finally stop this I took a map by smoth and inserted all missing tag&features the engine offers. Mappers can now just put their SMF&SMTs in there and configure the mapconfig.lua the same way they did with their SMDs. Some MapOptions are also included (day time/weather/economics).
I hope it will cleanup the future map development. And that mappers will fork this repo to share back their modifications/additions.
- place your SMF&SMT into ./maps/
- edit mapconfig.lua (give your map a new name & change lighting etc.)
- edit mapoptions.lua in the case you want to disable a few mapoptions (invert, night, snow, ...)
- I rewrote huge parts of the fog & snow gadget (fixed visual inconsistencies & improved performance a lot), you can't use your old settings with the new ones
- the mapconfig.lua contains many new features that get introduced in 0.83 (i.e. SoundReverb/EFX)
- there will be also a MapDevMod, which will contain useful tools to customize many things at runtime via a GUI (water, sound, featureplacer, ...)
- please extend it and further tweak the included mapoptions scripts (to change the day time etc.) and share back your modifications!