WHAT IS notAmap?
- random map
- random map, which can be different each play
- random map, combining complete procedural creation of map with placing prepared sets of terrain
- random map, which tends to find good balance between realistic look of terrian and staying interesting from game mechanics point of view
- part of bigger plans, planet tile producer
FIRST PUBLIC RELEASE
(newer listed with changelogs under first post)
Spring 94.1 or newer needed.
Not supported by Spring 91.0 (re-pathing issue)
(from user view)
- 5 different mapTypes - Crater Lake, Desert, Mediterranean, Mountains, One Continent
- random mode choosing from all 20+ types, if choose unfininished mapType, then run Mountains mapType
(from tech view)
- prepared support for lobby showing different images for different mapTypes
- own library of functions creating heightmaps
- own library of diggers (terraforming procedures)
- own library of builders or proceduraly created builders (lists of terraforming procedures applied in given order)
- own library of captured "hills"
- own library of proceduraly created "hills"
- filteres and masking for advanced functions
- mapStyles + textures
- no features yet
- controled map hash changing support just by notAlobby and notAhost, yet
- images for showing not supported by lobbies
- map Options not initialized on some servers and spring.exe playing
mapType - define shape of map, subset of possible mapStyles, metal map, etc.
mapStyle - choose textures and features (for testing purposes)
hash - randomziation base (for testing purposes)
partly on wiki, partly in some google docs, if i feel interest, i can describe it here
- Godde and Thor for pre-release testing, NOTA community for other testing
- NOTA lobby team for their part of support in notAmap hosting (player hosting, server hosting, automatic hash changing)
- Spring devs fixing lags and pathing issues on massively generated maps (namely Abma, Kloot)
- creators of all interesting maps for their inspiring heightmaps