How can I see the supply range?

A late World War II game which attempts to balance historical realism with a tactically complex model of battle.

Moderator: Content Developer

tankcommander

Post by tankcommander » 24 Apr 2017, 04:31

Hello.

I asked some players how can I see how far logistics‐supply units and buildings can reload other units and buildings, and they answered that I should see a yellow circle that indicates their range. However, I see no such yellow circle, including in the latest development revision (d25e4ff). When I hold shift and hover the cursor over supply buildings and units, I see a green circle, but I know that this is not the resupply range, because I see units with yellow crosses beyond that green circle, which indicated that they are still within the supply radius according to the wiki (http://spring1944.net/wiki/index.php?title=Logistics).

Could you please help me troubleshot this problem? Can you provide a screenshot so that I know how this yellow circle is supposed to look like?

Thanks.
0 x

Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: How can I see the supply range?

Post by Forboding Angel » 24 Apr 2017, 07:33

Can you post your infolog.txt? Possibly a shader error causing them not to be shown-- This thought is a random wild speculation --(you would think this wouldn't be an issue, but Intel HD gfx cards do really weird crap sometimes and I've had similar things happen in evo with Intel HD users).
0 x

ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome » 24 Apr 2017, 11:17

A screenshot too.

I am slowly working on a proper fix to this as I have an Intel GPU and I cannot see these dotted yellow circles either.
0 x

FLOZi
MC: Legacy & Spring 1944 Developer

Post by FLOZi » 24 Apr 2017, 16:58

It's a pretty ancient widget and uses FFP OpenGL only afaik, no shaders. Still it probably just renders glPoints which can be a bit funky on intel iirc.
0 x

ThinkSome

Post by ThinkSome » 24 Apr 2017, 20:45

I believe the current workaround is to replace those GL_POINTS with GL_LINES. It works, but is not pretty.
0 x

tankcommander

Post by tankcommander » 25 Apr 2017, 04:23

I changed "local GL_POINTS = GL.LINES" to "local GL_POINTS = GL.POINTS" in "LuaUI/Widgets/gui_s44_supplyradius.lua" and now I can see the yellow circles.
0 x

Return to “Spring: 1944”