Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation - Page 3

Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

User avatar
Floris
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 606
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 20:00

Re: Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Post by Floris »

I guess I'll work on some opt-out option. This way we can still troubleshoot, deliver the info as a curiosity and satisfy privacy concerns somewhat.
2 x

constatinus
Posts: 31
Joined: 27 Sep 2015, 23:00

Re: Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Post by constatinus »

Floris wrote:I guess I'll work on some opt-out option. This way we can still troubleshoot, deliver the info as a curiosity and satisfy privacy concerns somewhat.
Thanks.
0 x

dansan
Server Owner & Developer
Posts: 1197
Joined: 29 May 2010, 23:40

Re: Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Post by dansan »

@Floris: a good part of the users, the system_info is missing the "CPU:" line. Those users cannot be taken into account by the platform stats system, as the "core" line is not informative enough and a valid entry must have accountId+CPU+OS. Any chance to fix that?
0 x

User avatar
nixtux
TechA Developer
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 15:36

Re: Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Post by nixtux »

@dansan not sure if your aware but it seems gadget has been disabled for some reason https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... 88ca71efa8
0 x

dansan
Server Owner & Developer
Posts: 1197
Joined: 29 May 2010, 23:40

Re: Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Post by dansan »

nixtux wrote:@dansan not sure if your aware but it seems gadget has been disabled for some reason https://github.com/Balanced-Annihilatio ... 88ca71efa8
Yes, I saw it. But I guessed it is just a temporary, until he has implemented a opt-out mechanism. Who knows what will be released when and in which state? :)

Regarding that: @Floris: can you use git tags to mark the versions you release? That can later come in handy, if someone wishes to know if a certain feature/setting is enabled in a certain version. (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Git-Basics-Tagging)
0 x

User avatar
Floris
Balanced Annihilation Developer
Posts: 606
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 20:00

Re: Hiding system info/specifications from spring/Balanced Annihilation

Post by Floris »

dansan wrote:@Floris: a good part of the users, the system_info is missing the "CPU:" line. Those users cannot be taken into account by the platform stats system, as the "core" line is not informative enough and a valid entry must have accountId+CPU+OS. Any chance to fix that?
Nope, I gathered a lot of different infologs and the info wasnt there for those OS systems.



I disabled the gadget for the time being indeed...
0 x

Post Reply

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”