Released: BA 9.46 stats in spreadsheet format

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Hi guys. As I'm studying the Spring engine and planning for a new mod, I could only find HTML stats exporters, which are pretty weak for balance and stats comparison purposes. So I've decided to develop a unit stats exporter to CSV (major kudos to SilentWings for the invaluable LUA pointers in the forums). From that format you can import the data to pretty much any spreadsheet available. I've then imported it to a shared Google Sheets spreadsheet, which you can access here:

http://bit.ly/2pdp0bf

You may order by any field value (eg.: "MetalCost" or "Sight") by clicking above the header cell, at the down arrow menu, and selecting 'Sort sheet Z->A' (for highest to lowest value ordering). It's great to compare which units are better or worse at this or that attribute. Weapon defs in spring are hard to list concisely in a sheet format like that, so I've listed all 10 possible weapons per unit in BA, and their damages against each armor class (Eg.: Weap1Damage | Vs).

The script should work with other mods too, so after some cleanup I'll release 'csvexport.lua' to SpringFiles.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 18.27.34.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 18.27.34.png (30.13 KiB) Viewed 1597 times
MasterBel2

Re: Released: BA 9.46 stats in spreadsheet format

Post by MasterBel2 »

This is really cool. Thanks!
dansan
Server Owner & Developer

Post by dansan »

This is great - thank you!

I can imaging creating a repository / database of unit stats for various games and versions. It would make it much easier to compare changes from one version to the next.

Can this be adapted to add information on which unit can build which other units?
This could be used to generate the graph of a tech tree.
MaDDoX

Post by MaDDoX »

Thanks for the kind words guys.
dansan wrote:I can imaging creating a repository / database of unit stats for various games and versions. It would make it much easier to compare changes from one version to the next.
Yeah, I was thinking it'd probably work to compare the diff of the .CSVs generated from different versions of the same mod, using one of those freely available softwares for that.
Can this be adapted to add information on which unit can build which other units?
This could be used to generate the graph of a tech tree.
As you can see in viewtopic.php?t=34545, this would require traversing all builder queues starting from the Commander. Quite do-able though, not the focus right now but I'll give it a try further down the road - thanks for the suggestion :)

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”