disinterest in players (split)

Classic game design, maintained to please you...

Moderator: Content Developer

Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

Forboding Angel wrote:8v8 DSD and the people that regularly inhabit those games holds zero interest for me.
Might I suggest directing your affections towards a game in which you don't feel disinterested in 80% of the playerbase.

Split from viewtopic.php?f=44&t=35917.
Forboding Angel
Evolution RTS Developer

Re: Would anyone slit their wrists if sniper shots were made visible?

Post by Forboding Angel »

Silentwings wrote:
Forboding Angel wrote:8v8 DSD and the people that regularly inhabit those games holds zero interest for me.
Might I suggest directing your affections towards a game in which you don't feel disinterested in 80% of the playerbase.
No, because you don't get to decide what I like. I didn't like de dust either, but that didn't mean I don't like nor play counterstrike.

Might I suggest you stop using faux ad hominem and get back to the discussion at hand? Lately you are very quick to delete posts and split topics that aren't laser focused on topic, except when you're the one off topic.
Silentwings

Re: Would anyone slit their wrists if sniper shots were made visible? (split)

Post by Silentwings »

Split, seems an entirely reasonable request.

Fwiw - you are partly mistaken - I have never deleted a post (except spam). Nor is this "faux ad hominem", I genuinely believe that my suggestion of how best to handle your disinterest for BAs playerbase is a very sensible one.
8611z

Re: disinterest in players (split)

Post by 8611z »

original thread is locked but this one fits too:
"Ruin BA so that people will play Evo"
One might think so, when one has had to read many of his posts about wanting to ban BA, how it is holding the engine back, and how he refuses to list BA on his "spring" google+ page.
But more likely is that he just needs help to develop evolutionrts. Once it used to be easy to get help for working on your mod, but recently it got harder for evolutionrts. It was stuck on old engine for months with FA being unable to update/find anyone to update, nobody was responding to the requests about tweaking stuff he wanted to do add to his mod. (koth, gui, chicken/spawnerAI, lua-metal, etc)
Not even when money was offered.
So how to make other developers care about those things? Easy, you put the excact stuff in BA and then ask "Hey fix this? It is for BA! BA, the game you all play!"

User warned for this and similar posts in other threads, felony 2. You have been repeatedly warned in the past not to direct unconstructive comments at particular users. (Silentwings)

User was banned, mandatory minimum for multiple warnings.

Return to “Balanced Annihilation”