Could I get a few people with varied OS to test this patch, to make sure this time I got it right. I wonder how well it works for people running Linux, Vista, or having their Spring Data folder in odd places.
What I need you to test:
- If you don't already have KP 3.6, get it at http://jobjol.nl/1685
- If you don't already have KP maps, get them from http://jobjol.nl/1684 (disregard the .exe (well, if you have windows, and that .exe doesn't work, that'd be interesting to know too, just it's not the topic here))
- Add this patch (to your mod folder): Kernel_Panic_3.6_Single_Player_Patch.sd7
- Run Spring directly (not through a lobby).
- Pick "Kernel Panic 3.6 Single Player Patch" as mod, map and script don't matter, then click "Test Spring".
- The screen should turn into a greenish menu. Click "Missions", then "Herd and Pick".
- Spring should automatically reload with that mission.
And if it didn't, at what stage it failed, with which error, etc...