IceUI - Page 14

IceUI

Discuss Lua based Spring scripts (LuaUI widgets, mission scripts, gaia scripts, mod-rules scripts, scripted keybindings, etc...)

Moderator: Moderators

MelTraX

Re: IceUI

Post by MelTraX »

Yeah, I had that at first and didn't like it.. But I agree that it needs some improvements..
Smiff

Post by Smiff »

hey this doesn't seem to cause slow down nearly as much as it used to.. great work. still lose some fps though so any more optimisations much appreciated.

couple suggestions:
when moving the menu button, move the actual menu with it - or at least allow the menu to be moved, i cant see how to get it to show in tweak mode?

erm.. i forget the other one, will post later :p
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

+1 for smiffs suggestion, and I also think a vertical autoscaler for the minimap would be great, so that when your playing a long vertical map you dont have it coming down through your buildmenu. And how about skinning the endgame graph so it fits the GUI, is that even possible?

Also... does anyone have that picture of IceXuicks old GUI concept that this thing is based off of? I want to compare now to then and see how close we actually are. :lol:
LordMatt

Post by LordMatt »

A forum search of IceXuick and New GUI would probably find it. There was a long thread about it at one point.
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Nah. His sites quite dead, none of the original links show up. I was wondering if maybe someone saved the picture or somthing.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

HAARP

Post by HAARP »

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what happened to that GUI? Looks awesome
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

This thread is what happened to it.. That link is just a photoshop mockup..
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

So all we need to make a GUI like that one is a ETC meter, a better looking playerinfo, a custom buildmenu, and that little group thingy at the bottom...

Getting closer. :-)

EDIT: Any idea what font hes using? Looks better then the current one, especially at smaller sizes, but it may not be that way ingame.
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

imo, what's needed most is a decent player info that is able to show player names *and* the other statistics of your choice (for ALL players), as well as being actually readable on higher resolutions. Icexuick's mockup shows that it still won't take much space, even with all that information...

Highlighting hotkeyed letters in the build menu would probably make Spring a good bit more user friendly, and should be done to the default ctrlpanel imo.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

I have the Photoshop file of that mockup and it says it's Verdana.. Afaik that's no free font so we can't bundle it with Spring..

About the names in the player info: My idea was that you can activate different tabs at once.. It's already possible by middle-clicking tabs but since it isn't saved yet it isn't really usable atm..
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

It doesn't remember what tab it's set to either. As is, player info is entirely useless and has tons of flaws.

Edit: http://i30.tinypic.com/2d8f21t.jpg (main flaws that are bothering me there are that I have to setup it again each game, icons aren't properly aligned and all specs/players aren't shown)

That and I can't get it to resize upwards and not downwards, though I could just setup the layout differently to make that not a problem.
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

Thanks for the feedback :)
LOrDo

Post by LOrDo »

Yeah I have to agree with Zell, the tons of tabs thing just isnt doing it for me.
CarRepairer
Cursed Zero-K Developer

Post by CarRepairer »

Correct me if I'm wrong but it only shows "unitname - description" when you are building something in a factory, and when hovering over an existing unit it just shows unitname. If so, I would like an option to show the description, as I am a poor player and I need all the help I can get when coming upon strange and scary looking enemy armies.
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

i don't know if you fixed that already but the option to add the system msg in chat is bugged, first you need to scroll once to get the msgs and then they are not always in the chat i can't explain it because i don't really understand what's wrong exactly
kalel90

Post by kalel90 »

The text in iceui is garbled any way to fix it?
MelTraX

Post by MelTraX »

CarRepairer: The tooltip for units shows way to little information imo.. I will improve that.. For now, you can just deactivate the "special" tooltip in the options..

Satirik: Which options do you use for the console? I tried to make it work like expected but maybe you're expecting something different :P ..

kalel90: I only have that problem if I have two screens attached.. The problem lies somewhere in the engine, I guess.. I think you can just delete the font files in Widgets/IceUI/Fonts but then you get that ugly default Spring font again (at least it's better than garbled)..
Satirik
Lobby Developer

Post by Satirik »

MelTraX wrote:CarRepairer: The tooltip for units shows way to little information imo.. I will improve that.. For now, you can just deactivate the "special" tooltip in the options..

Satirik: Which options do you use for the console? I tried to make it work like expected but maybe you're expecting something different :P ..

kalel90: I only have that problem if I have two screens attached.. The problem lies somewhere in the engine, I guess.. I think you can just delete the font files in Widgets/IceUI/Fonts but then you get that ugly default Spring font again (at least it's better than garbled)..
i just want the same chat as the normal one ... but with iceui features .. resize, move, color, alpha
ZellSF

Post by ZellSF »

Satirik wrote:i don't know if you fixed that already but the option to add the system msg in chat is bugged, first you need to scroll once to get the msgs and then they are not always in the chat i can't explain it because i don't really understand what's wrong exactly
Uh, I think you might be confusing options here. There's one to add system messages to chat history and one to disable message seperation, the later one is the one you want to enable.

Return to “Lua Scripts”