Please tell me what you think about them
--- #1 - Way-point orders ---
- Instead of going into a factory to order units, you can create a Widget-Way-point or Widget-Patrol-route from which you can create orders depending on assigned-factories' capabilities to produce units for it.
- Factory-symbol-styled TABs | build symbol with eta when the unit arrives at the first Way-point
#| # # # #
#| # # # #
#| # # # #
#| # # # #
--- #2 - Queue manager widget ---
- You can already delete queued things without cancelling the whole queue.
You can insert orders before the one you are currently executing or right after it.
But you can neither cancel your current order without cancelling the whole queue or insert build orders between queue-order#3 and order#4.
- When activated (shortcut or UI-icon), you can select one order before which to insert other orders.
- You queued 1.mex, 2.solar, 3.factory, 4.solar, 5.solar, 6.solar, 7.solar, 8.solar, ...
Suddently you notice that wind-speed is going up (maybe on BA's new wind prospector widget) after finishing your 1.mex and while building 2.solar
Now you can select 1.solar(in order) 2.factory 3.solar, ... as the order before which to insert your wind-gens.
--- #3 - Better queuing ---
- You order mex,mex,wind,mex,wind,factory,solar,solar,solar,solar,guard-factory and wanna go on toilet.
But now your factory is finished and idle before you come back.
Would you not want to queue an order to give 2-3 AK's a patrol order around your base?
Or a constructor which then captures mexes and a queue to guard it by 1-2 AKs before being build?
- Orders in queue can re-use the ghosted buildings thingy and be selectable like real units. A factory could produce ghosts in a line leaving the entrance.
--- #4 - Persistent queues ---
- If a constructor dies, who carries out it's build orders?
If you resurrect it, shouldn't it be able to continue?
Have you ever wished to split a queue across two builders after you created it (when resurrecting with resume-queue-state=on)?
- Imagine a orbital godmode-constructor with everything available that your constructors also have.
You can give him many queues (an economic one, one for energy one for metal, a storage queue, ...) and you can summarize small orders (eta <5sec) by using strg-shift (or by not using it).
Then you can assign builders to that queue.
--- #5 - Special Oders ---
- To avoid clutter, you have a persistent widget showing "Unit orders of selected units" where you first select the command (fight, guard, resurrect) and then it shows the Special Orders for that command. You can switch between them with maybe pressing 1234 or the command's hotkey more then once.
- ResurrectReclaim : reclaim after rezzing to get more metal
- ResurrectIgnore : for example if there is no enemy in sight and you want to build a metal-storage before reclaiming them at your base
- FightRepair : resurrection bots start to reclaim with the normal fight command, perhaps you only want them to repair from time to time
- MoveEvade : go around enemy units' attack/sight range when you have vision on them (perhaps even stop or go back).
- PatrolReverse : instead of going to the first patrol point, reverse the route (perhaps use as default)
- MoveAreaEvenly : Re-use lasso-terraform widget controls. Select an area and units should split evenly onto nodes of a triangle-grid.
- GuardAhead : Usage: if the guarding unit has more hp or sight range, it should move in front of the guarded.
- … to be continued …
- While clicking an icon or using a hotkey, a graph shows up showing the level of your resource bar and % levels between keydown and keyup events
- Expected resource bar level (etas, usage)
- 100 = ––0% production / 100% usage–
- –75 = –50% production / 100% usage–
- –50 = ––––– production = usage –––––
- –25 = –50% usage / 100% production–
- ––0 = ––0% usage / 100% production–