[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7 - Page 40

[Linux Lobby] AFLobby Beta 3.9.7

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

malric

Post by malric »

One question, (maybe I missed it while reading through this thread). Have you released rc2 before putting in svn ? (are you developing it offline ...?).

I am asking mainly becuase as a Gentoo user I am used to compile things from sources and usually will not take 'binary' packages. And yes, I know it is java, but if I want to look at the source code you still need it :).
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Now I have svn access I use it when I can.

No I didn't release rc2 for linux, not in the usual zip package with the 2 package1.zip package2.zip etc

But technically yes I have. AFLobby in the svn is actually more uptodate than the RC2 windows build as I made more changes yesterday (this morning) before I went to sleep for RC3.

Anyone on linux can simply leech it out the svn and compile the jar archive using ant to get the latest work in progress builds.

note for linux users running RC2 or later:
AFLobby has changed the way ti loads unitsync, you know have to edit setting.tdf and change the value referencing unitsync.so so it has the correct path. Its currently set at the default value.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Heres the work in progress changelog for beta 2rc2->final

- removed nsis dependency on AFLobbyLauncher.exe and .Net
- numerous syntax changes for better standards compliant code
- battle window layout tweaking
- added cpu field to player list
- player lists are shown in smaller text now to reduce scrolling
- added small flags code tor educe vertical space take-up(small flags not ready yet)
- fixed hosts name turning black in battle tab
- removed help tab
- removed private battle checkbox
- fixed bug in CChannelView.java preventing startup commands executing
- Added smaller rank images, should reduce vertical heigh usage on small text such as channels and player lists
- modified CLoginProgress.java to use CEvent.CONNECTED instead of "TASServer"
- added message if substance.jar and its classes aren't present to Main.java
- made the logout button wider to help prevent "Logou..." type bugs. Also changes margins on the button too.
- removed a few messages to the console
- modified the layout again in the battle window a little for the big mini map and player list
- the cpu field is now shown for spectators too
- html tags in channel topics are stripped before being added to the UI to prevent numerous attempts of abuse by peet and his pumpkin goatse images.
- removes printing of startup commands to the console
- changes some syntax in CBattleWindow.java and CChannel.java
- When the server requests the initial battle status, AFLobby will pick the first free team and ally team available
- Minor wording changes to the battle window
- my team tab moved forward in the tab control next to 'chat'
- mods in the host game tab are now alphabetically ordered correctly
- removed beans binding library reference
- Added simple warning message to protocol class
- Added save load code for starting rectangles and extra helper methods
- a little reformatting in Main.java
- Added a battle command handler for stuff like !kick
- added forceally/ally/forceteam/team commands
- Tab controls with tabs on the left or right now have their tabs rotated to appear vertically
- The tabs in the battle screen have been moved to the left hand side
- Numerous control resizing fixes to the battle window and starting box draw tool
- Channel tab now shows channels in alphabetical order
- Channel topics are stripped of html in the channel tab correctly
- The main window cannot be moved beyond the upper left corner of the screen and instead wont let the top left corner of the window go past the edge of the screen
- The window wont let itself be moved when maximized
- Main view tabs now show on the left hand side
- Fixed channel list refresh button stretching
- Removed server tab and moved its contents to the start tab
- Deleted the channel model class
- Channel divider controls now use back buffering and continuous layout
- added a bbq smiley
- added a sheep smiley
- added Bundle.properties
- refactored the numerous copies of the comparator class out into CaseInsensitiveComparer.java
- Fixed chatpane not clearing text
- Fixed SetContents in chatpane
- Added scrolltotop() function for chat pane, and moved the chat message parsing into its own function
- Channel list now scrolls to the top not the bottom when refreshed
- replaced channel list pane with a chat pane instance, and removed some obsolete helper functions
- Channels no longer show html images fixing an attack by the operators of the #wg channel involving a 1x65,000px png image
- Channels now show smiley's
- The host tab now remembers values
- Users can no longer send messages longer than 1020 characters long, preventing them from being banned from the server for spamming.
- Traffic is now sent out on update()
- Traffic sent will not exceed 10kb per second, preventing the server from banning the user for flood attacks.
- The window cannot be resized while maximized
- If AFLobby isn't running in java 6 it opens the browser at http://www.java.com to upgrade and closes (if it doesn't close it'll crash spawning the GUI).

Todo:
-fix show raw traffic button, ti dissapeared a few commits ago, not sure were to
-Add chat logging
-Add notification markers
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Why are the tabs on the left side now? I'm very much not expecting them there, especially with text on them. Reading sideways text is no fun.

edit: oh god the channels I'm in are on the left side too
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/34 ... nal_Linux/

Partial changelog

- Settings tab added, with controls for changing the tab orientation
- Fix teams feature added to prevent accidental com sharing
- Map and mod lists reload correctly when refresh map/modlist buttons are pressed
- Numerous internal restructuring and speed ups
- Fixed the Join button on the battle tab
- Improved window resizing
- Channel dividers no longer appear at strange places when the window is resized before theyre opened
- Fixes to battle window GUI layout
- New resizing mechanism for starting boxes, fixes several bugs and looks a lot prettier
- Forceteam forcespec ring kick and forceally commands added to the battle window
- Numerous crash fixes
- AIs are now listed in the battle tab, theyc ant be selected yet
- Channel listings now use a chatpane showing hyperlinks and smileys.
- HTML in channel topics is now filtered out to prevent goatse attacks
- New smileys
- Numerous colour fixes
- Numerous Connection class fixes
- Messages beyond 1023 characters cannot be sent, preventing automatic server bans
- Outgoing lobby traffic is capped at 10KBps to prevent automatic server bans (average user is banned at 20KBps, bots are banned at 50KBps, admins can send as much as they like)
- Fixed numerous html related errors that caused formatting issues with layout and colours
- Channel listings, map listings and mod listings are now alphabeticaly ordered
- AFLobby now remembers the previous values in the host tab
- Several tabs reconciled into one.
- User leaves/joins now take up less vertical space with smaller rank images
- Player listings in battle are now smaller to fit more onscreen.
- Removed the checkbox on the host tab
- The window cannot be moved or resized when maximized now.
- The window cannot be moved past the upper top left corner anymore.
- http://www.java.com is opened if Java 5 or older is detected rather than continuing to execute and crashing.
- settings.tdf is now saved in alphabetical order
- aflobby.sh is no longer required to run AFLobby, simply point the value in settings.tdf to your installed copy of unitsync.so
- When the server requests the initial battle status, AFLobby will pick the first free team and ally team available
- CPU speeds are now shown in the battle window
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

AF wrote:http://spring.unknown-files.net/file/34 ... nal_Linux/
- aflobby.sh is no longer required to run AFLobby, simply point the value in settings.tdf to your installed copy of unitsync.so
lies
Incorrect startup
Its been detected that you're not a windows user and the current working directory is not in the library path. The most probable cause of this is using methods such as double clicking from a file manager, running from within an archiving tool, or using java -jar aflobby.jar. This is incorrect. A bash script was provided with AFLobby named aflobby.sh, which contains the correct method of starting AFLobby. Its suggested you exit AFLobby and follow this advice.
path variable = /home/scott/bin/aflobby
library path = /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.02/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.02/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.02/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/java/packages/lib/i386:/lib:/usr/lib
(this is what happens if you don't have the unitsync in your settings.tdf) -- in other words you should update this error dialog ;)
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

You dont need the -DLibrarypath option parameters, instead set the tag in settings.tdf to point to the correct location of unitsync.so, and that includes the filename.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Channel logging has been added.

Once I've made a little logging settings control in the main view and added a method for hosts to add AIs Ill release again with windows installer and linux build.
cowking

okay..

Post by cowking »

Finally I had the guts to test AFLobby once again after failure in some previous version. First of all I'd like to point out probably the biggest issue, documentation. Or should I say lack of it. AF I know you are probably busy and this is just a beta version and all but clear documentation about installation and running the program means more people using it = more bugs resolved in final version.

Readme file has instructions for linux users to extract package1/package2 which are named incorrectly in readme. Package 2 has images and all and package 1 has the actual program. They're said to contain just the opposite in readme.

Then instructions for running the program are:

Code: Select all

4. To start AFLobby open a session of your terminal and type in the following two commands:
cd /usr/share/games/spring
bash aflobby.sh
Wait a second. There is no aflobby.sh file. This is a serious flaw in instructions. There's nothing mentioned about the settings.tdf file or about unitsync.so where to get it etc.

Okay but anyways, the actual problem I have right now is that when I start AFLobby.jar now, even the package tells me 'use aflobby.sh'.. right.

Well I've set unitsyncs and all now and then I go to log in to server, it starts to generate minimaps but it seems that it fails. It looks like it tries to do few files and then crashes without error reports. AF how do I debug this thing for you or do you have a solution? Those jpeg files it generates are not pictures and they are size of 4kb. Perhaps I'm just running it the wrong way but I do not find information on how it is supposed to be done. I'm running kubuntu 64bit atm but I believe it doesn't have anything to do with this issue.

Keep up the good work man, I hope I get this thing working some day, it looks very promising.
Relative

Post by Relative »

You are absolutely right, documentation is Aflobby's single biggest problem atm. The readme is VERY lacking and out of date, and I wrote most of it. I'm not a developer, and I'm a linux newb. Hardly ideal material for a documentation writer.

AF swaped the package names, so package 1 is package 2, and vice versa. The contents of package 1 should now be placed in /usr/local/share/games/spring, and package 2 to ~/.aflobby. Then you need to run the aflobby.sh with the bash command in the terminal. aflobby.sh should be part of the package 1 contents.

cd /usr/local/share/games/spring
bash aflobby.sh
YokoZar

Post by YokoZar »

Relative wrote:You are absolutely right, documentation is Aflobby's single biggest problem atm. The readme is VERY lacking and out of date, and I wrote most of it. I'm not a developer, and I'm a linux newb. Hardly ideal material for a documentation writer.

AF swaped the package names, so package 1 is package 2, and vice versa. The contents of package 1 should now be placed in /usr/local/share/games/spring, and package 2 to ~/.aflobby. Then you need to run the aflobby.sh with the bash command in the terminal. aflobby.sh should be part of the package 1 contents.

bash aflobby.sh
So what happened to aflobby.sh not being needed to run it?
Relative

Post by Relative »

YokoZar wrote:
Relative wrote:You are absolutely right, documentation is Aflobby's single biggest problem atm. The readme is VERY lacking and out of date, and I wrote most of it. I'm not a developer, and I'm a linux newb. Hardly ideal material for a documentation writer.

bash aflobby.sh
So what happened to aflobby.sh not being needed to run it?
Bullcrap? :P
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

People should read at least the last 4 or 5 posts in this thread.

Yes I swapped the packages around, by accident.

I didnt include aflobby.sh because it was only needed for the java parameters for unitsync, and unitsync loading changed.

So once again, edit your settings.tdf so that the path and file name of unitsync.so are correct.
Relative

Post by Relative »

You still need aflobby.sh AF. You still get the incorrect startup message and the lobby doesn't get past the loading bar if you start aflobby with the .jar.

If you need to create a aflobby.sh file cowking just create an empty file, name it aflobby.sh, and paste this into it with a text editor.

echo AFLobby beta1 Release candidate
java -Djava.library.path=. -jar aflobby.jar
Then place the file in /usr/local/share/games/spring
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Are you sure you're using the correct version? AFLobby uses a completely different method of loading unitsync now. You needed the script parameter so Java knew where to look for unitsync. I doesnt ened that anymore ebcause theres a tag being loaded which tells java the exact location to load unitsync from including the filename and path.

Modify settings.tdf correctly
Relative

Post by Relative »

Beta 2 RC1.1 is the newest right?

Anyway, I looked into it and it seems that Aflobby overwrites my settings.tdf to remove the unitsync location on startup.

Edit:

eg:
Mine:

lastloginname=Hellcom;
unitsyncpath=/usr/local/share/games/spring/unitsync.so;
Aflobby overwrite:

lastloginname=Hellcom;
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

Then what happened to RC2 released in the windows installer?

Or AFLobby Beta 2 final on the first post of this thread and the thread title?
Relative

Post by Relative »

The first post in this thread, and the topic in #aflobby both link to a RC1.1 download. Also, the windows release is a windows executable.
AF
AI Developer

Post by AF »

No it doesnt if you look at the link it says RC1.1 (which needs correcting) but the url it links to points to beta 2 final.

btw next version

- Full AI support
- Channel logging
- Clear channel chat button added
- Open chatlog button added (only under windows tho as I dunno howto do it in linux)
- Maximizing the battle window works properly now it just needs a maximize button (use the taskbar entry or key shortcuts for now)

All that is currently in the svn.
HeadHunter

Post by HeadHunter »

btw, numbers of packages in archive and readme are messed up. check it out=)
And, btw, i still see all those annoying error msgs....
also, is it possible to make java launch opera, not firefox?
dont know why, but minimaps are not loaded...
STILL IT ROCKS

Return to “Linux”