shortcut issue on BA

shortcut issue on BA

Discuss everything related to running Spring on your chosen distribution of Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

otyugh

shortcut issue on BA

Post by otyugh »

Hey there,
gotta few shortcut problem while playing Balanced Annihilation V8.17, using springlobby0.244, spring98.0.
I don't know if it's because I've got a french keyboard or because my XFCE environment is conflicting with the shortcut of the game...

Fact is, pretty everything works but : I can't use groups (doing ctrl+[number] just does nothing), and can't write on the map to the ally (*µ button does nothing while I smash my mouse).
How can I get theses to work properly ?

What may be a solution but I don't know how to :
1)I heard there was a UIKeys.txt, but there is no such file on my computer :(
2)I heard there was a way to run spring in another independant X session, if it's a xfce's env conflict could be good, but I don't know how.

Any tip is good to me if you have a clue. Have a good day.
Silentwings

Re: shortcut issue on BA

Post by Silentwings »

You should be able to draw by using 'q' in place of your other drawing key. In general for BA hotkeys, see viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30173.

To find out what's wrong with control+num for you, you could try typing '/keydebug' and seeing what happens when you press control after that. It will then print debug info to tell you all the actions that are bound to the keys you press, and which keys it think you pressed.
otyugh

Post by otyugh »

Silentwings wrote:You should be able to draw by using 'q' in place of your other drawing key. In general for BA hotkeys, see viewtopic.php?f=44&t=30173.
So sweet ! The "q" replacement just works fine (I felt disabled in every team play without this :s)
Big thanks to you. :D
Silentwings wrote:To find out what's wrong with control+num for you, you could try typing '/keydebug' and seeing what happens when you press control after that. It will then print debug info to tell you all the actions that are bound to the keys you press, and which keys it think you pressed.
Ok, "ctrl+1" is acutally "ctrl+&", "ctrl+2"->"ctrl+é" etc.
Do you have a way to correct this behaviour ? I guess the french keyboard layout does not react as the english ones :o
otyugh

Post by otyugh »

I don't have a shortcut list in "spring lobby -> edit -> spring settings -> expert mode", I remember there was. What happened to it ?
Silentwings

Post by Silentwings »

I think it was removed, but long enough ago that I've forgotten the circumstances.

I don't know how to fix your keyboard layout - it sounds like an issue between SDL2 (which Spring relies on for input) and your keyboard drivers, rather than a BA issue. So I suggest reporting it at https://www.springrts.com/mantis, with an infolog to show the output of /keydebug when you press ctrl,1,2,3... alone and then ctrl+1,ctrl+2,etc.
albator

Post by albator »

I use to have similar problem with SL. What solved it was to indeed erase all the duplicated: springsettings.cfg and uikeys.txt files.

Using the BA widget is also a solution as silentwings pointed out. However you may want to dig into the uikey thing if you have a french keyboard.

For the num key, I have french keyboard and use those in the uikey.txt file:

Code: Select all

bind 0x26 specteam 1
bind Any+0x26 group1
bind 0xe9 specteam 2
bind Any+0xe9 group2
bind 0x22 specteam 3
bind Any+0x22 group3
bind 0x27 specteam 4
bind Any+0x27 group4
bind 0x28 specteam 5
bind Any+0x28 group5
bind 0x2d specteam 6
bind Any+0x2d group6
bind 0xe8 specteam 7
bind Any+0xe8 group7
bind 0x5f specteam 8
bind Any+0x5f group8
bind 0xe7 specteam 9
bind Any+0xe7 group9
bind 0xe0 specteam 0
bind Any+0xe0 group0

I can select the team with it (for auto group) using the key number. Dunno if the ctrl thingy is working thought
Jools
XTA Developer

Post by Jools »

otyugh wrote: 1)I heard there was a UIKeys.txt, but there is no such file on my computer :(
The installer doesn't create any uikeys.txt anymore, but you can create it yourself this way:

select all the text in this file and put it in your spring folder with the name uikeys.txt: https://github.com/spring/spring/blob/1 ... uikeys.txt

Then you can customise the keyboard as you like. Here is some more info about uikeys.xtx: https://springrts.com/wiki/Uikeys.txt.

PS: Easiest way to find spring folder is to search for infolog.txt and look at the most recent one if there are many...
otyugh

Post by otyugh »

Jools wrote:
otyugh wrote:select all the text in this file and put it in your spring folder with the name uikeys.txt: https://github.com/spring/spring/blob/1 ... uikeys.txt
This is simple to do and seem to work flawlessly put in the main spring dir. Great thanks to you.

Return to “Linux”